Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Costs to replace 2m of soil pipe under block paved drive
  • nickewen
    Free Member

I’m after a bit of a sense check on a quote as I have absolute no experience in this area..

After having some problems with a blocking downstairs WC, a camera inspection of the drains has revealed severe misalignment of joints and cracking. The toilet is adjacent to the wall and the soil pipe goes down before exiting the property across our drive into a manhole on next doors drive.

We’ve been quoted £780 + VAT to excavate, renew 2m of pipe work, and reinstate the block paving. My guess is that they’ll have to dig down 1-1.5 m and the quote talks about “plant”.

I’m in Newcastle if it helps. Anyone have experience of this type of work?

Thanks in advance

footflaps

Fair old job, probably two men, one mini digger, huge amount of mess. Fixing the pipe once you find it is pretty simple, if not unpleasant. Then you’ve got to backfill, compact, re-pave and hope it doesn’t sag too badly….

Quote seems fair to me.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks footflaps. Probably a bigger job than I was expecting.. And messy!

hammyuk
    Free Member

It won’t go that far down but the price is spot on for what needs doing.

jim25

That’s a very labour intensive job for what will essentially be a fairly simple fix. I’m surprised it’s as cheap as that tbh.

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers all. Only reason I think it’s that deep is because there is a step between our drive and next doors so it will probably either be deep or slope steeply. Bit of a ball ache at times this home ownership malarkey!

phiiiiil

Can it not be lined without having to excavate?

nickewen
    Free Member

I’m no expert but the photos from the report look a mess. I need to speak speak with the company on Monday so could discuss it then. Cheers

cp

Sounds like a bargain to me!

timba
    Free Member

This Newcastle?
    Might be worth a call for relining

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Costs to replace 2m of soil pipe under block paved drive’ is closed to new replies.