Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Costa Brava Resort???
  • ads678

Can any one recomend a resort on the costa brava, not too tacky but not boring? For a family of Mum, Dad, 4 year old boy and 18 month old girl.

Flying into Barcelona and renting a car, looking to stay by the sea for a week then heading over to France to stay with my sister for another week. But never been to the costa brava before so not sure where is nice?

ads678

No one! Bugger.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve been to calella de palafrugell a couple of times, beautiful wee Catalan fishing village where the seafood is gorgeous, but it can be quite expensive as its one of the places that folks from Barcelona like to escape too. It’s joined onto another wee town called llafranc, which is equally gorgeous, as are tamariu and most of the other towns dotted along the costa brava.

This is the real costa brava – wild coast, due to its rocky, craggy coastline. Further south you’ll find the likes of calella and platja d’aro and the likes, the places British tourists will refer to as the costa brava, big, high rise hotels with long sandy featureless beaches.

Further north, estartit is actually quite a nice wee place, prob given a bad name due to the monstrous campsite a few miles outside, roses is a wee bit touristy, but cadaques is absolutely stunning.

Hope that helps,

Greg.

donsimon
    Free Member

Sitges?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Palamos, playa d’aro are good, the later having a watermark for the kids. Llafranc and Roses are very nice but the kids will be bored

SamCooke
    Free Member

Lloret?

ads678

Nice one thanks all, bit of food for thought there.

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 Roses.

ads678

Any one know anything about Escala?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Tossa

therag
    Free Member

I’ve been to loret de mar and hated it. Constantly hassled by sales people and football fans. Ended up getting taxis most nights to avoid the “come in my bar” people

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Palamos, playa d’aro are good, the later having a watermark for the kids. Llafranc and Roses are very nice but the kids will be bored

Why would the kids be bored? As long as you get a pool, the coast line is beautiful and a great place to explore. If you have a hire car, as the op does, there are so many other places to go within 20 minutes of most costa brava ‘resorts’. I suppose if your one of these folk that palm their kids off onto ‘entertainment’ then it maybe wouldn’t be for you.

Not criticising, and no offence intended, just my view on a family holiday 🙂

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Tamariu is a beautiful place.
    Lloret – avoid.

ocrider

Lloret?

Well I lolled. Good for student spring break/sports tours. Go by all means, just not with the wife and kids.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The kids might not want to stay around the pool or go for coastal walks. The other places are a bit more exciting to younger people.
    Plenty to see and do like you say but past Palomos become more spaced out so more travelling

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never been but a guy at work goes to Tossa & loves the place.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Costa Brava Resort???’ is closed to new replies.