Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cost of tubeless values
  • thenorthwind

I’m sure this has been moaned about before but even so, I think it’s worth repeating.

Genuinely question – why are tubeless valves so expensive?

It’s an inner tube (cost, ~£3 – £5), minus the tube.

So why are the cheapest Stan’s valves I can find online £12.50 a pair, and why are there (much) cheaper equivalents. Cheapest no-brand ones on eBay are £9 a pair. I can buy 3 tubes for that. So why is no-one under-cutting?

(Yes, I know I could cut some old tubes up, but this will be my first tubeless experience so I want to lessen the risk of cock-ups, and all the knackered presta tubes I have are knackered because of the valve.)

simondbarnes

Cheap valves are often a bit rubbish. Get yourself a milKit kit. They’re ace. Ignore the cost 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Bargain those, Bob – “Due in stock 02/11/2017” 😉

These work so are worth the £7

Must say, of all the bike related things I’ve thought are silly money, tubeless vavles never crossed my mind – they’re just buy once, fit and forget, so don’t see an issue.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Madison now sell some nutrak branded valves for less than stans. But Ive not tried them yet

orangeboy
    Free Member

If that mavic link is for one valve as pictured it’s not such a good deal

DezB
    Free Member

If that mavic link is for one valve as pictured it’s not such a good deal

See my edit 🙂
    Caffe Latex kits are good too. No idea how much I’ve paid for them

paule
    Free Member

The cheap ones (barberri?) From planet-x seem fine for me.

jonesyboy

Also valve cores, these seem to clog up with sealant eventually yet no shop around Shrewsbury has them. Ebay 10 for 2.99 inc postage.

tomd
    Free Member

The Nutrac ones are good, my LBS does them. Still way more than a tube though. I guess the market is much smaller possibly?

bruneep

Also valve cores, these seem to clog up with sealant

I remove the core and give them a squirt of GT85, mine have never clogged up

Kahurangi

Every time you see an abandoned tube on the trails… pick it up, take the home and if it has a removable valve core, then you can just but yourself a valve out of it.

chestrockwell

Must admit that in the grand scheme of things and taking in to account the cost of many things in our sport I don’t think a tenner for some valves is particularly upsetting.

nickdavies

Specialized ones are £3 a pop and in stock in lots of places, bonty ones are £3.50.

Not really expensive. If you’re doing it on the cheap and your wheels can take Schraeder valves you can get those for peanuts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cost of tubeless values’ is closed to new replies.