Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • cost of towbar fitting
  • jpacey
    Free Member

Had a few quotes at around £300.

Is this pretty much standard or does anyone know of a way of getting it done cheaper

Cheers

James

stof41
    Free Member

I just had a removable one fitted
    including single electrics for £350 on saab estate
    around the milton keynes area. The fitter said a fixed one was about £150 cheaper.

twoniner
    Free Member

Sounds about right, depends on what car and I take it the £300 is for towbar too?

sparky1uk
    Free Member

I’ve done one myself (about £150 parts if i remember correctly) and also paid a garage to fit one (£300).

Lots (all?) modern cars have holes drilled for the tow bar fittings to attach into. Simple job, even with electrics. What’s the car?

jpacey
    Free Member

a 2010 audi A3

The £300 was for all fitting and parts which by the sounds of it is pretty standard. Haven’t really got the time or skill to fit it myself so might just have to suck it up and pay the 300 notes

gazc
    Free Member

what car is it? i’ve done my ford focus and my mates kia. takes a couple of hours but pretty easy job

EDIT// fair enough my mate paid £270 for his mazda so sounds about right

Junkyard
    Free Member

price is about right but as others note it is pretty straight forward to fot one these days though you may need some minor electricl knowledge

£300 seems ok ish/standrad rate including fitting

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just had a detachable fitted to my new car and paid £325 fitted for a thule one , fab piece of kit 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

I had a quote of £240 for a Witter on our Berlingo, I brought an Anker one from eBay for £70 and fitted it myself (never done this before but all holes there already and bumper trim already marked out on car), for me the tricky bit was the electrics but my neighbour was great and did the wiring for free.

maycontainnuts

Just had a quote of £215 fitted. Volvo v70 seemed pretty good to me.

Edric64
    Free Member

I fitted mine on a megane it cost £95 and paid £50 to get the electrics done at a garage

sparky1uk
    Free Member

Witter kit looks to be about £110 depending on what electrics kit you need.

Instructions here

grievoustim
    Free Member

just had a non-removable one with a 13 PIn socket fitted to my focus estate for £195. Other place I called had a similar price for me

LMT
    Free Member

Find an independant garage, i had quotes of £300 – £400 for my citroen, found a small little garage in perry barr birmingham, fitted plus a single electric came to £185, done while i wait took an hour.

They removed a bar just behind my bumper, slotted a new bar straight in with the tow bar attachement job done. Took longer to fit a cut out switch for the electrics.

http://www.towbarservicesbirmingham.co.uk/contact-us

Highly recommend the guys above if your birmingham based.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Had a witter one fitted last week not removable type £224.80 including vat all fitted with electrics at towing direct in wrexham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cost of towbar fitting’ is closed to new replies.