Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cosine wheels killed off?
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

After getting rave reviews in the press, and regularly recommended here, they appear to have completely disappeared from the Wiggle site, and Wiggle are now carrying Prime wheels (which was CRC’s own-brand, and yes I realise they are the same company).

Prime only have 2 alloy wheels in the range, none of which are disc.

Too slim margins? New range coming out?

simondbarnes

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bb7eCgLbLI[/video]

😉

legend
    Free Member

I’d wager Cosine has just been killed to death. Not compared the alu ones but the carbonz Primes were a fair chunk better for very similar money

prawny

The road disc wheels were out of stock when I wanted some but came back in recently.

the Wiggle/CRC merger is causing all kinds of weirdness with both of their pricing/stoks at the mo

hatter

That video has made my day, feel genuinely sorry for the companies that put the effort in designing and manufacturing their own stuff only to have to fight with a myriad of generic muppets.

martinhutch

I’d wager Cosine has just been killed to death

Probably just gone off on a tangent and started making trousers.

whitestone
    Free Member

Probably just gone off on a tangent and started making trousers.

It’s a sine of the times.

tall_martin

Thats a shame, I bought a pair of the allowy road wheels and they have been great so far.

I did think about getting a spare free hub, but didn’t.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hatter – Member
    That video has made my day, feel genuinely sorry for the companies that put the effort in designing and manufacturing their own stuff only to have to fight with a myriad of generic muppets.

Yeah, but CHEAP! AERO! CRABON FRIBE!

Sad, isn’t it?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Simon, I’ve seen the video and to be fair Prime and Cosine were close to direct Chinese prices, unlike some more chintzy brands.

The Cosine alloy discs were top wheels, like Hunt for a third of the price- I bet Superstar are breathing a sigh of relief, as they’re left alone to cover that angle…

Tall Martin they’re still selling free hubs.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was looking at the Cosine 32 aero alloy road wheels.

Half the price of rivals and just as good everyone said.

Gone now 🙁

TheGingerOne

I believe Cosine as a brand has been dropped and Prime will be across the 2 sites. No point having 2 separate own brands selling the same stuff is there?
    If there is currently no like for like replacement of a specific model, I would assume there will be eventually.

onandon
    Free Member

They could be redesigning them. They were all pretty narrow so maybe updates will hit the store shortly.

nathb
    Free Member

This is a shame, my cosine alloy disc wheels have been great so far.

Maybe Hunt sued them for brand infringements? 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, but CHEAP! AERO! CRABON FRIBE!

Sad, isn’t it?

I’ll bite… why? Is it sad that people buy Mavic/Roval/Bontrager when Enve are out there? Sad people buy Enve when you could have Lightweight?

I love my Far Sports rims built onto Tune Mig/Mag, 1300g, 38mm deep and £700. Win. They’re probably not as good as Enve, but I’m sure as **** not paying their prices to find out. And I can true mine without removing the tyre and rim tape!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I just showed that video to a managing director mate of mine, gave him a good laugh.

Brilliant video.

eddie11
    Free Member

That video has made my day 😀

fourbanger
    Free Member

Wiggle!/crc merger?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I believe Cosine as a brand has been dropped

possibly, but they are still listing other Cosine products like saddles (though this might just be until they have cleared existing stock). Wiggle also have Lifeline as a ‘budget’ brand and there seems to be some crossover there (such as brake pads).

BadlyWiredDog

It’s a tragedy. But wait. Hang on. If Wiggle is making big bucks selling own-brand budget wheels then they’ll be back maybe under a different ‘brand’. Or maybe they found Cosine wheels were undercutting sales of their more expensive wheels and reducing their take rather than generating new sales at the expense of alternative budget wheel brands.

Who knows, but the triumphant forces of global consumerism mean that if there’s profit there, Wiggle will resurrect them in some shape or other. Phew.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of global capitalism. Relax little consumers, all will be fine 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I believe Cosine as a brand has been dropped and Prime will be across the 2 sites.

I hope not, the equivalent Prime wheels I looked at were heavier and not as well specced, and more cash

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cosine wheels killed off?’ is closed to new replies.