• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cortisone injection to the knee…
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Anyone had one? What are your experiences..

stavromuller
    Free Member

Just had one in my shoulder for bursitis and it was brilliant. I’d been in mega pain for months and the pain went within hours

Kuco

Not in the knee but have had 6 in my right foot last done under x-ray. First one cured about 65% of the trouble the others no help. Only the last one hurt once the local wore of but he was injecting right between the joints of the foot.

martymac

mate had it done in his ankle, v.painful at the time but amazing results for 3 years+ after.

iainc

Kuco – mortons neuroma ? I had a few injections which didn’t help much, then surgery

jock-muttley

Had in elbow… not that effective for me but thats due to the damage orginating in my shoulder…

HURTS LIKE FEK without a local…. really not kidding about this. This is from a person who has had multiple warfirin injections into my abdomen.. get it done under local.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting.

Results from no use to 3 yrs plus, as I thought.

Kuco

iainc no it’s not that. I seem to show some of the symptoms plus i’ve got the pain in between the 4th 5th metatarsal which is extremely rare for a mortons neuroma. I’ve been referred as a bit of a mystery.

boabym

Yip, had a few in both knees, bit of advice, rest the knee as long as you can this will make the effects last longer. Also if it don’t hurt it don’t work!!

pennine
    Free Member

I had one for a frozen shoulder about 3 weeks ago. I’m afraid it didn’t work me. Back to square one with torture at the physio!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ve had patello femoral syndrome for quite a few months now & it’s slowly improving so wondering if a cortisone shot might speed up recovery.

iainc

Kuco – I feel your pain. Neuroma surgery this time last year but still aching pain from ‘prominent met heads’ 🙁

Kuco

🙁

Was hoping mine would show up as a Neuroma on my first MRI but nothing.

Also if it don’t hurt it don’t work!!

When had my first I said i’ve heard they hurt and was told some hurt some don’t.

LMT
    Free Member

Had 3 in the knee a few years back, hurt like hell had to take a day or two off work after, which defeated the point of having it. Lasted about 3 to 6 months last shot latest the longest at 6 months.

Ended up been told physio to get me through until a surgery date was set, that was 4 years ago. If you get any physio do it is my advice, i will need surgery at some point but tbh ive been trouble free for 2 years. Funny thing is when i don’t go biking i tend to have a bad knee spell, so its my excuse for that new speshi!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cortisone injection to the knee…’ is closed to new replies.