Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Corsica – Cycling Holiday (Dark Side)
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

Taking the campervan and the road bike for 10 days in Corsica. Hoping to get out for around 700km over that time. Any routes, suggestions, GPX Folders? We are staying near Porto Vecchio and the up near Algajola if that helps. Much appreciated

juan
    Free Member

camper in corsica, drove by a british. Good luck mate… A lot of it.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Not british, but I doubt that matters

Is the driving really that bad? Not worried about the camper but more worried about being out there on my bike

aP
    Free Member

Are you taking the blue or red light sabre, is it one of those fancy double ended ones? Darth Maul or something? There might be some of those strange role paying people there as well, so you could dress up and everything.
    Oh, its about cycling – Corsica is basically about heading towards a really big hill and going up and down it, isn't it?

robgarrioch

Brilliant mountain roads in the Balagne, just inland from Algajola, and serious, SERIOUS gradients. Just get a map & choose a circuit that goes through the likes of Lavatoggio, Pigna, Corbara, Montecello.
    My dream route would leave Ile Rousse, and go clockwise up to Sant Antonino for the best view in Europe from a restaurant –
    (photopage)
    Then head all the way back down to Algajola, seen as a distant crescent of white from the restaurant above. Only trouble is I'd have to do it in winter when the heat's a little less intense.

juan
    Free Member

Driving is shocking and that is coming from someone
    who learnt to drive in Nice
    whose driving as ALWAYS been qualified by british people as too european.

Roads are small and narrow and locals drive down there like you'll expect Loebs to do so.

You should be fine(ish) on the road bike, but as pointed before it's up and down and up and down.

If you have time on the way back you could pitch up the 3 cols. Park the car at isola. Ride up to St-Etienne de Tinée, up the col de la bonette, down to jaussier. Up to the col de Larche, dow the other side in Italy, and then back up to France through the col de La lombarde…
    I think it's around 4000m of altitude gain.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Thanks Rob,

That view looks awesome and I will be putting together your dream route leaving Il Rousse and returning to Algajola. Will send some pics after.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Corsica – Cycling Holiday (Dark Side)’ is closed to new replies.