Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • corrupt SD memory cards
  • sharki
    Free Member

Howdee.

A 4gb SD card i'm using has now become corrupt making around 300 pics unviewable or uploadable.

The PC tells me to format, but as these are very impotant to me, given they're of my epic walk around the south west coast path.

As i'm using random peoples lap tops along the way, can anyone recommend and good and free program to aid recovery of lost SD files?

Ta muchly, Sharki x

jhw
    Free Member

is the SD card the tiny one you put in those cheap helmet cams? I've gone through two, they both lasted five minutes. now I just don't use a helmet cam

I thought my nice 16Gb SD card was finished until I found it was the USB adapter's connections worn out.

sharki
    Free Member

Na it's a standard sandisc one.

Would a faulty usb adapter cause issues, i really cannot lose these images.

when the card is in the camera, when i try to view images it comes up as 'Card not initialized'

ams09121974
    Free Member

I had similar trouble with a camera SD card and downloaded about 5 different recovery programmes! They all let you get to the stage where it dispays your files that you desperately want back, ended up biting the bullit and purchasing one, probably never use it again! But it done the job!

linky

stumpy01

Recuva is a good one & it's free…..

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Pretty sure Sandisk do a recovery program and again fairly sure it came with the memory card or the card reader

mangoridebike

This happened to me recently

I walked into my local camera/photo printing shop and they extracted the photos off mine for me and put them onto a cd for me for the princely sum of £2.

I had to buy a new card though as the old one was borked.

MrsTricky
    Free Member

If it's a sandisk SD card you should have a recovery disk in the pack it came in – I managed to recover most of my 300 holiday photos from last summer, so don't panic!

MrsT

GrahamS

SanDisk Rescue Pro 4 is what you need.

You get a license key and/or CD for it with most of the good SanDisk cards.

thepurist

This one's worked for me a couple of times – free download & free to use for image recovery

GrahamS

Would a faulty usb adapter cause issues, i
    really cannot lose these images.

Yep! In fact in my experience SanDisk cards are über-reliable unless something else shafts them (or they were dodgy eBay copies!)

As above, for recovering a SanDisk card always try the SanDisk own software first. They know the exact details of the card that other software will have to guess.

stumpy01

Sandisk recovery software only comes with their higher-end cards (I think).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘corrupt SD memory cards’ is closed to new replies.