Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • corrupt .mov files – how do i save them?
  • float
    Free Member

ok so ive finally got round to sorting out the corrupt photos and videos on the sd card from the holiday. managed to get most of the photos off the card but cant seem to do anything about the videos.

they play fine when i play them through the camera (canon ixus 220 hs) but they cant be played on any player ive got (windows media player, vlc), just says its a corrupt file even after running them through god knows how many things ive got off the internet.

if anyone has any ideas i would be super grateful 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Sounds like it is getting error while being copied off of the SD card. Is the SD card damaged? I’ve used this to successfully regain lost files, http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Main_Page

If you have access to a linux / Unix (this includes mac) based machine dd may help.

Cloning an SD Card on Linux or Mac

float
    Free Member

SD card is brand new. bought it while i was over there and has only had these snaps put on it.

running it through photorec at the mo, so we’ll see what it throws up, thanks.

elchambre
    Free Member

Have had a similar problem to this. I had to give the files to a mate with a Mac and get him to convert them.

You could always try a program called Super, its a bit of free conversion software. Can be a bit of a pain in the arse to use, you may have to try a few different settings.

float
    Free Member

well, phtorec got me the photos again, but still no video 🙁

trying super…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘corrupt .mov files – how do i save them?’ is closed to new replies.