Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • corrrr. there was I thinking I was all niche and tha'….
  • yunki
    Free Member

I took my unicycle to the LBS today as the bearings need changing but were stuck fast..
    After a bit of beard scratching it was declared that they couldn’t help and I should try down at the marine engineering place maybe..

Me and Yunki Jr are trucking through a long row of commercial mechanics lock-ups on the way down to the marine engineers, when out of the only garage with any signs of life comes this rangy Gallic fella pointing excitedly at the wheel I’m carrying..

He clocked it straight away for a uni wheel with a stuck bearing and hustles me into a workshop where another rather portly mechanic comes over to assess the situation.. it turns out the French bloke built his own unicycle and the portly chap is a unicyclist too and the two middle aged grease monkeys couldn’t be more pleased to take a break from MOT duties to sort my problem out..
    If I pop back down tomorrow they’ll even press the new bearings into place for me too

😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

once every so often, the coolest stuff happens. it’s good isn’t it?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Result, nice to hear good stuff happens sometimes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoreCashThanDash

Great things usually happen to nice people 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yay, that’s random, but not. But it is rather cool, and now you’ve some new cool mates 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘corrrr. there was I thinking I was all niche and tha'….’ is closed to new replies.