Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Corrour Station to Blackwater dam – best route to ride
  • laraichean

Any advice on the various options?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought there was only one – down to loch trieg and along Gleann Lolairean

laraichean

There's a few tracks on the OS map that would lead there – just wondering which are bogfests and which are mostly ride-able.

TJ – what sort of a ride is that track – much carrying needed?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't know – I just met some folk who were heading to ride it when in th area. Its the only track on my map that goes to the dam anyway. I think its in the Kenny Wilson book

marty
    Free Member

corrour>loch trieg is fine. loch trieg>blackwater is a carry up into the glen, then very nice singletrack. boggy sections if you take the direct route to the reservoir after the bothy. not ridden the higher route shown on the OS map.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

They're all nice in their own way, but each has a bit of carrying and bogtasticness:

Gleann loloirean – 3km'ish of bog at the start – singletrack – 1 / 2 km bog at end before dam.

Creaguaineach lodge – 3-4km bog, some at the start, some more beyond the stepping stones.

I'd take the first option personally cos the singletrack's perfect once you get beyond the bog.

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Corrour Station to Blackwater dam – best route to ride’ is closed to new replies.