Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Correct Tyre Rotation.
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

Hello, just bought a couple of Big Earls and was wondering if the done thing with the rear tyre is to put it on backwards so the rotation arrow is pointing backwards…and does it make a lot of difference if it isn't done this way?

Pook

on my fire xcs it does. More noticeable on the front end though

jonb
    Free Member

It will probably make them more draggy but give you more grip for braking.

Some tyres have the arrow pointing in different directions labelled front and rear. The back is usually reversed. I remember reading somewhere about putting the front tye on backwards is done if you want more braking power and not bothered about the extra drag.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poppa
    Free Member

If you stand on the right hand side of your bike, looking at the bike, the wheels should rotate in a clockwise direction.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Jonb, surely if the tyre has ramped knobs on the drive side reversing it will make braking grip worse but will improve traction/drive grip….it will be more draggy though.

tinsy
    Free Member

Some tyres clear mud better with he wrong rotation..

Trimix
    Free Member

What Poppa, even when its not moving ? Im confused 🙂

crocodilian
    Free Member

Well bollocks to it then, they're tubeless and I've already put them on and put in sealant…I can't be bothered to switch it round if the results are negligible.

There's no instruction on the tyre as to front/rear direction just one arrow pointing one direction.

Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Correct Tyre Rotation.’ is closed to new replies.