Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Correct Setup for BB installation on 5Spot?
  • giantjason
    Free Member

i am installing a CK BB onto my 5Spot which is a 73mm shell.

I am also putting on a BB mounted chain guide and am trying to work out how many spacers i need and on which side.

Do i have one spacer on the non-drive side and only the BB mounted chain guide on the drive side? What determines the amount of spacers?

firestarter
    Free Member

I thought with that set up you would have no spacers. I could be wrong tho lol

nuke

Could be tricky as per here…

http://www.crankbrothers.com/support/installation_cobalt_bb.php

…it's no spacers for 73mm.

firestarter
    Free Member

Iirc with 68mm its two spacers drive side one on nondrive with 73mm It's just one on drive side.so if your using bb mount so long as its 2.5mm no spacer needed. I think 😉

nuke

Iirc

You didn't…nor did you click on my link 😉

For a CB BB its no spacers for 73mm.

firestarter
    Free Member

I didn't mate as on my phone but he's fitting a Chris king not a crank bros 😉

nuke

Facepalm moment 😳

😉

giantjason
    Free Member

in the end it didnt matter anyway as the drive side shell i took out had one of the threads flattened resulting in it being useless.

looks like another new BB for me!!

thats the 2nd time it happened after my LBS had installed a new one for me!! The same thing happened on a hope BB previously……is there a reason for this?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

No spacer on the non driveside and just slot your chainguide in behind the bb cup on the driveside. If your guide is like a stinger then it will be a bit wider than the normal spacers. Shouldn't be a problem and won't really put your chainline out of whack. I run a bb mounted stinger on my 5 Spot with no issues.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Correct Setup for BB installation on 5Spot?’ is closed to new replies.