Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cornish Minority???
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Does this open the floodgates for all sorts to be seen as a minority?

I guess Cornish people are a minority in Newcastle.

WTF does it all mean, utter bobbins???

jon1973
    Free Member

Cornish people need to be protected. Otherwise people may discriminate against them just because they have 6 toes on each foot and are related to everyone else in Cornwall.

slowoldman

…and it’s only the interbreeding that keeps them pure. If they mixed more they would lose protected status.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Funny thing really, as pretty much all of the people I know and have met in Cornwall either have a second home there or have moved down from the home counties.

I did meet an ex-fisherman once, in a small local pub, in a small cornish village, went by the name of Chopper. He needed protecting for sure.

BigJohn

The presenter on Radio 5 this morning said she loved Cornwall but went to Devon more often.

Well of course. You go to Devon once on the way to Cornwall and once on the way back. That’s twice as often.

Del

i look forward to a cornish assembly and a referendum on whether or not cornwall should secede from the UK. 🙄
    independance for brixham, i say.

jam-bo

shouldn’t that be quarantine?

andrewy

So, anyone watch Jamaica Inn last night? 😕

timidwheeler

shouldn’t that be quarantine?

😆

slowoldman

andrewy – Member
    So, anyone watch Jamaica Inn last night?

Only the Cornish. No one else could understand the guttural utterings.

chewkw
    Free Member

Soon you shall need permit to travel there …

orena45

Oi, watch what you’re saying you lot. I can have you done for discrimination now 😆

elliott-20 – Member
    Funny thing really, as pretty much all of the people I know and have met in Cornwall either have a second home there or have moved down from the home counties.

Hence us proper jobbers being given minority status…

(For what it’s worth, I’m Cornish and I don’t really care about this)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Soon you shall need permit to travel there …

Well I for one won’t be applying.
    The best thing about Cornwall is the pasties. Well overrated county IMO.

Kryton57

Opens the gates for a 7 nations rugby match doesn’t it? As least Scotland will be pleased about that…

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t the Cornish Liberation Army bomb Exeter library in the 70’s or did I dream it?

Not sure that making them a minority helps with the fact the most of the native Cornish down there can’t afford to stay there because of all the rich bastards coming down from up country.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Are there any real Cornish left in Cornwall, whenever the BBC interview someone down there they seem to have a London or Birmingham accent 🙁

TheBrick
    Free Member

A woman on radio 4 was saying how Cornwall is distinct and different, but so are just about every area of the country. What about Cumbrian and Northumberland?, Highland and Islands, Should we bring back Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria as well? It might actually be a good idea to be more fedralised and why not do it along the lines of old kingdoms.

CountZero

Should we bring back Wessex

Damn right! We’d put customs posts on either end of the M4/A4, and the A303, A429, and A350 too!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cornish Minority???’ is closed to new replies.