Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cornish folk or regulars, anything we should not miss whilst here????
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Staying in wadebridge so good access to the whole coastline around that area. Been surfing with the tribe every day so far and done a stunning walk from just outside of tintagel to trebarwith this afternoon involving a pint at high tide at the pot William. Love this part of the world, but anything we’re missing that’s a must see! Love secret beaches where we can fire up the bar b and just chill till sunset etc. Me the wife and two kids with the boundless energy of 10 and 7 years!!

DickBarton

The edge of the cliff?

Bregante

We’ve just returned from 10 fantastic days just outside Bude (we rented a house off boardinbob off here – stunning).
    We were just outside Bude and spent most sunny days at Sandymouth beach – not a secret beach by any means but just stunning. Probably 30-45 mins from Wadebridge and well worth it IMO. Great cliff top walks over towards Bude or the GCHQ listening station!
    (carpark is free for NT members)

http://www.beachesincornwall.co.uk/bude/sandymouth

muddydwarf
    Free Member

St Agnes is pretty cool.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Eden project is worth a look if you haven’t been before.

crispybacon
    Free Member

One place I always take new visitors to Cornwall to is the Tamar Otter & Wildlife Centre there is much more there than the cute otters but plenty of other birds & animals to see.

They have a tea shop for refreshments too but time your visit to ensure that you are there when they feed the otters which is amazing, they really are very cute if a little smelly. I’m sure that you & your kids will love it.

jam-bo

Bedruthan steps. Or diggorys just up the coast if you want a really quiet beach. Path down is interesting.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got back from a wee place near Wadebridge. Port Isaac was 4 miles away & was very quaint, went to Bude where my Mrs reminisced about when she worked in a hotel there, etc etc. The weather was pretty crap & tbh we went at the wrong time of year (school hols), every beach was crammed with families with kids on boards (to be expected) & parking was a ballache. I hadn’t been to Newquay for 15 years so we went, took an hour to find a parking spot, then it rained some more by which time I was wishing we’d gone back to Islay!
    Still, it’s great for kids who want to be in the sea all day I suppose. Reckon it’ll be another 15 years before I go back though! 😕

jam-bo

Cornwall is best in sep/oct.

Water is still warm, more chance of decent surf. Most of the tourists have gone home.

I live 30min drive from the north coast and I’ve been twice since June.

Mugboo

I’ll be in Wadebridge by Monday evening with a whole week to enjoy the Indian summer… 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I live in Cornwall.

bring some good weather with you please

wrightyson
    Free Member

Been lovely this afternoon. I’m all for the surf early doors when not too busy then afternoons just like the one today. Staying till after the weekend so should be a touch quieter. Polzeath was rammed when we left the car park at lunch time today 🙄

boxfish
    Free Member

gusamc
    Free Member

have a look at the Millook Haven zig zag cliffs (stand on beach facing in from sea), or try Crackington Haven for a small beach (but there is a nearby pub), if you want bleak, desolate and ominous rocks and a beer/ice cream try Hartland Quay/Point

wallop

If you fancy a trip west, try Porthcurno and other small coves in the area. Of course, the entire coast path is wondrous.

A nice lunch at the Gurnard’s Head followed by a stroll down to the head itself would be a nice thing to do too.

KennySenior
    Free Member

The Cornish version of the internet is very quaint, worth a look while you’re there. Comes via the TV and is called ceefax.

scruff
    Free Member

Go inland for a walk. Some lovley unspoilt secluded valleys with old oak woodland, streams etc.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cornish folk or regulars, anything we should not miss whilst here????’ is closed to new replies.