Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Corner bath panel DIY ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Ladies, Gents I need your help…..

Our house is fitted with a really old corner bath that I dont know the make or model off.

Our tenant has moved out and Ive just found out that they have damaged the bath panel beyond repair so I need to get one or make one…

The bath measures 153 cm x 95cm.

Any ideas oh how to make a bath panel for as little as possible?

Cheers

Steve

tjagain

I assume its curved? Flex MDF? Frame the bath with proper studding ie verticals and horizontals and simple screw the mdf to it? Needs to be well sealed from water tho

renton
    Free Member

yes its a curved bath.

I had thought about mdf but Im slightly concerned about how well you can seal it.

Leigh
    Free Member

Make a ladder frame up underneath and bend flexible ply round it?
    Just make sure you get the sheet of ply that bends the right way

somouk
    Free Member

I would definitely go with ply over MDF but make sure it is well sealed with waterproof paint.You could look at getting some plastic cut specifically to the size and then putting that against the ladder frame.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If it’s curved, I’d channel line it.

dooosuk
    Free Member

You’re selling the house right, you’ve already exchanged haven’t you (or did you back out in the end), just leave it for the buyers.

renton
    Free Member

No it didn’t sell. The buyers missed their own deadline despite being very pushy. Then they wouldn’t agree to another date and then another so we took it off the market to tidy up and re let.

midlifecrashes

For a little bit more cash but a lot more curb appeal, I’d do the curved MDF and put some mosaic tiles on.

It would be good to make the frame up so you can undo a couple of screws at each end, slit the silicone and slide the lot out to get at pipework when you need to though.

renton
    Free Member

What sort of thickness mdf would you use and how the heel do I make a frame for it to fit too?

somouk
    Free Member

They sell special MDF that has ridges cut in so it curves or use 6mm Ply.

The frame just make up out of some rough cut 2 x 2 scrwed to the floor and the some uprights and supports under the bath.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Corner bath panel DIY ?’ is closed to new replies.