Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Corfu
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Mrs has booked a holiday in Corfu, north of the island and it’s over my birthday-as my birthday treat I’m renting a bike and doing a guided route round the mountains north of the island.

Anyone ever done it? Sounds like a great birthday present

dmck16
    Free Member

Lots of mosquitoes. Take a good repellant.

That’s as much info as I can add for you 😉

superjohn71
    Free Member

Is it with S bikes in acharavi? If so, they’ve got a good reputation. A mate and I were going to go out with them as we had booked a holiday a couple of years ago late sept / early Oct when it’s usually nice and warm but not suicidally hot, if you see what I mean. In the end, there was an unseasonal heatwave and Evey day was in the low 40’s so we just sat by the pool all week drinking. But the trails you see driving about look pretty good to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

Never bikes the but really like it, West coast is lovely, not coast is a bit resorty !

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

It’s in the middle of nowhere, 10 miles west of Sidari. In October though so I’m hoping heat won’t be too much of an issue, even for a ginger.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

It is S-Bikes superjohn

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great country.
    Ace food, great climate, and lovely scenery.
    Will be going back this year.
    Love the place.

wilburt
    Free Member

That’ll be the mount pantokrator, you can go up and over the mountain road across the island from acharavi to the east coast towns and back in day.

The last couple of km’s to the radio tower are quite rough concrete and the cafe at the top is v overpriced but the view on a clear day is spectacular.

The roads in general are completely random one minute its perfectly smooth the next its potholed mess and if anyone ever complains about potholes in the UK they should go see some real ones in Corfu!!

Be carefull on the decents Greeks loved rebar the stuff is everyware you do not want to make any mistakes. Oh and Greeks dont drive on a ‘side’ they prefer the middle of any road.

S Bike have a good reputation online and are the go to place. The bike I got from them was a bit shonky though tbh.

Other than all that its a nice ride and the roads are quiet. Sbikes will give you some handy maps and you cant wrong because most of the time you can see three coastlines.

Have fun and happy b’day!!

I will just add I’ve been going on and off for 30 years and last year was really sadened to see how they are being hit by the recent downturn. The place needs a boost.

takisawa2

This ginger went in July once.
    Stupid mistake.
    I burned in the dark.

slordy
    Free Member

stayed in Kassiopi last august & went on the mountain tour with s-bikes,uplifted to the top of mount Pantokrator was too hot to ride up. then did a 20 mile ride back to shop, bikes where what you expect from a hire shop but ride was well organised and a good set of lads guiding would definitely reccomend

wilburt
    Free Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Corfu’ is closed to new replies.