Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Core chest protection for normal riding which one would you recommend?
  • postierich
    Free Member

First ride out offroad on Saturday and felt very nervous and walked some bits that I would normally ride. This was mainly due to the fact I had my chest cracked open for an op 5 weeks ago and its stapled back together, so looking for some reassuring core chest protection. Do not want anything to bulky as other tops need to fit over and do not want a boil in the bag equipment either so is there anything out there you would recommend for an xc wuss like me.

Rich

tomaso
    Free Member

A mate always rides with a 661 sub gear shirt – essentially a shirt with EVA foam panels on chest and shoulders elbows etc. 661 on CRC

Other than I think you end up with something more akin to a MX stle roost proptector for your chest or a full insect like exo-skeleton.

Have tried upping your game so you don’t fall off as often Rich?

daverallye

Not tried it yet, but I’m going to order this from the CRC sale, and looks to have to very good reviews:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/661-core-saver-ce-wired-2013/rp-prod72491

I’m looking more from a back protection point of view, but like you want something that I will stay cool in as mainly riding XC

postierich
    Free Member

Tom bit old to be upping my game!! quite happy to watch you freeride warriors go for it!
    Dave that looks just the job will hold my gut in place just need a voucher now 🙂
    Rich

almightydutch
    Free Member

Any of those core savers make you heat up like nothing else. Its bad enough when wearing one for motocross so for MTB I wouldn’t but as you’ve had you chest opened recently then it will be of use.

tomaso
    Free Member

The 661 Core Saver will protect you from impacts on back and chest but you’ve still got the worry of landing and compressing rib cage and something is gonna give (toes wince at thought…)

postierich
    Free Member

my busted ribs were more painfull than recovering from the chest cracker! Waiting for my consultant to get in touch so will find out when its fully healed. Heat thing not a problem its just for the damp slippy rides for the next 4 months!

hot_fiat

Have got an Alpinestars Bionic back and chest protector for riding the motorbike. I also wear it snowboarding following a wrist protector / rib incident. It has a flexible interlocking spine protector and chest shields. It’s very comfy and not too warm on the KTM. I wouldn’t recommend it for riding an MTB though: it’s too close fitting and I find the top of the spine protector just nudges the base of my neck when riding downhill.

scruff
    Free Member

You dont want a coresaver, far too hot and not very comfy for pedalling, nearly all chest protection is secondary to back protection which will boil you up. One of those sub gear jobs as a T shirt will give a bit of protection in very very minor shunts but not up to much more than psychological benefit. This looks cooler to ridein but the chest padding looks minimal.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/race-face-ambush-core-d30-guard-2013/rp-prod89270

postierich
    Free Member

the core saver on this looks just the job shame you can noy buy it on its own!
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/661-evo-pressure-suit-2013/rp-prod72444
    Had a very kind offer of some full protection will see how that pans out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Core chest protection for normal riding which one would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.