Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cordless phone (trio) recommendations please
  • Alphabet

My parents need a new set of three cordless phones for their house (regular house not thick walls or anything). As they are getting on a bit the phones need to have good clarity and a good volume as they can struggle to hear. I’m guessing all modern phones have a hands free/speaker option which they often use. If the phone book synchronises between handsets then that would be good too.

Does anyone have any recommendations please. Ta.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Panasonic. Reliable and well priced. Buy what you need rather than what you think you might use.

allthepies
    Free Member

Panny +1

johndoh
    Free Member

Not Philips.

andylakes
    johndoh
    Free Member

That Gigaset – can you alter the amount of rings before it goes to answerphone? Our Philips one has a max of four and we barely ever get to it in time.

alanf
    Free Member

+1 the gigaset.
    Have a c300A pair (not sure about a triple handset though) and it’s been great in the year I’ve had it.
    I’ve just jinxed it now haven’t I!

johndoh
    Free Member

So do you know the answer to my question alanf?

alanf
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ll need to have a look in the manual but its definitely longer than 4 rings…

alanf
    Free Member

@johndoh – yes you select when the answering machine kicks in on the c300a – 10, 18, 30 seconds or auto.

The manuals are available online so you can see all the features there.

stumpy01

We’ve got a Panasonic 2-handset phone that I think comes in 3 handset variety.

It’s really good. Nice clear ring and sound during calls, easy to set-up, 99% sure you can copy contacts between handsets, batteries last well when off the base and the base intelligently charged so doesn’t cook the batteries.
    The BT ones we had previously recommended taking the handset off the base for at least 4hrs/day to avoid over-charging the batteries. Yeah, that’s practical!

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheers – that’s my wife’s Christmas present sorted then 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Good work 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cordless phone (trio) recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.