Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cordless lawnmower – what's good?
  • geoffj

New house, but no man to do the lawn 😕
    I reckon a cordless lawnmower should be up to the job, but which one?
    I seem to remember Bosch ones got decent reviews. Any experience of the Gtech ones?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Just MTFU and burn some fossil fuel. 😀

Petrol is the way forward, electric mowers are crap, even when corded.

jam-bo

Get a push mower.

Nice and quiet, good exercise, cuts nice, doesn’t take much longer than a petrol mower.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    T1000
    Free Member

My elderly neighbour has a push mower he’s got the largest lawn in the group of houses.. he’s very spry and active for his age…All the neighbours with petrol mower are rather porky

drlex
    Free Member

You could still have no man mowing the lawn – RoboMow?
    More time for riding/drinking/posting about riding.

Or take Fred’s advice and buy the Bosch.

gobuchul
    Free Member

All the neighbours with petrol mower are rather porky

But a petrol mower is heavier than a push mower and if you want exercise don’t get a self propelled one.

welshfarmer

If you want to go cordless, then do it right 🙂

br
    Free Member

How big is your lawn, and/or how many batteries would you need to buy (and have charged) to do it in one hit.

Just we’ve a hedge that takes 3 batteries worth of hedgetrimmer to do, and 2 of the batteries are now knackered… PITA

Lawn-wise, petrol here, but we’ve 1/2 acre’s worth.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Got a Bosch Rotak 43 Li, very happy with it.

Light, easily up to the job of my lawn and quiet. Makes good stripes too.

zippykona

Have found the first cut of the year requires about 4 cuts . Each taking off an inch.
    A petrol mower would have romped through it.
    There’s none of that “trying to get the bastard ” going while all your neighbours look on laughing.
    Cut little, cut often.

footflaps

Got a Bosch Rotak 43 Li, very happy with it.

next door neighbour has one of these, I have a mains powered version. Seems fine, although her Li-ion battery died after 2-3 years and she’s just had to fork out more than my mower cost for a new one!

prawny

Love my bosch.

Doing multiple cuts at the start of the season is good for the grass anyway, you don’t want to take too much off in one go or the grass will dry out.

Ours is on it’s 4th year this year. Still on the original battery, will do 2 cuts per charge, front and back. Not huge but fairly normal for a modernish (1991) house

DT78
    Free Member

Asked a similar question a few weeks back. Went for a mountfield freedom mower and hedge trimmer, Screwfix was cheapest when I looked. First cut this weekend. Deliberately long. Coped fine, batteries still had plenty of charge. Cordless was a revaluation compared to fighting with extension cables and making sure you don’t run over the cable

garage-dweller

Just MTFU and burn some fossil fuel.

Petrol is the way forward, electric mowers are crap, even when corded.

That for any decent sized lawn. Had ours at least 5 years and it’s had one proper service in that.

Less than 10l of unleaded to run it for the year and that’s with an average of fortnightly cuts from March to November. Your lawn size may vary.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cordless lawnmower – what's good?’ is closed to new replies.