• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cordless drill advice
  • Muke
    Free Member

I’m after a new cordless combi drill driver and have found this Dewalt DC725KB which seems to fit my criteria.Are there any other recomendations from the STW tool gurus ?
    The only downside at the moment is that amongst the good I have found some bad reviews for tooled-up.com which is normal I guess but just a bit cautious of the old addage of if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
    Anyone used Tooled-up.com before ?

wwaswas

don’t buy NiMh or NiCad would be my advice.

Li-on makes so much more sense for a toolt hat’ll be left lying around, used for a bit then put down and not picke dup for days/weeks.

bencooper
    Free Member

DeWalt is generally good – a little spray oil squirted onto the stators occasionally does wonders!

My old one catches fire occasionally, but still works:

Stoner
    Free Member

Id try and hold out for a Makita 18v Li-Ion in a sale if you can.

My 14.4v has been fantastic (TBH I dont even need 18v)
    One of the best few hundred quid Ive spent on a tool.
    That and a Belle mixer
    and an Arbortech Allsaw.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Dewalt Li-ion 18v on offer at screwfix now

my brothers just got one after his very well used Makita died (used every day for 6+ year)

the Dewalt is really nice, I used it the other day when he came round to do some stuff for me

get a second battery though

piha
    Free Member

//end of thread//

Stoner
    Free Member

//end of thread//

End of spare cash too 😉

Bear
    Free Member

Try Folkestone Fixings they are usually very good on price, have a mail order section ffx.co.uk I think.

Second the Makita option, very good.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Remember to check the battery amps when you compare drills.
    I have got a 18.4V makita with a 3amp battery pack and its great.
    Seen a lot of offers on other Makita ones where they use the fact it comes with 2 batteries as a fantastic deal, but they are then only 1.4amps each.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Hilti?

Must be a Hilti rep 😉

You might as well say Bosch / end of thread.

The fact is the majority of the Trades guys you’ll see using combi drills day in/out are on Dewalt or Makita. If they are good enough to be used constantly for Trade use they are more than sufficient for domestic duties.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Dewalt quality has deteriorated massively in the last few years and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone unless you were only using the tool sporadically . Makita are ok but are nowhere near the quality of Hilti. It all depends how the tool will be used . For home use Makita is enough, but as already mentioned , get 3 amp batteries as its a huge improvement .

Muke
    Free Member

Thanks
    Hilti not in the budget and hadn’t really thought about the Li-Ion battery thing either.I had seen offers on Screwfix but had noted lower rating of the 2 supplied batteries.

Will check out some Makita stuff.
    Nice burnout bencooper 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cordless drill advice’ is closed to new replies.