Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • corded SDS drill? – sub £150
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

my old faithful Bosch has gone pop so I’m after a new corded SDS.

needs to be:
    – 3 function 240v (hammer/drill/chisel
    – sub £150
    – not massive, as it’s just for DIY not massive trade jobs

so fat I’ve spotted:
    Bosch blue GBH2000 for £120
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-blue-professional-gbh-2000-2kg-sds-plus-drill-240v/32868

Hitachi for £100
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/hitachi-dh24px-j1-2kg-sds-plus-hammer-drill-230v/86484

Makita for £120
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-hr2470wx-2-3kg-sds-plus-hammer-drill-240v/29604

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have an older Bosch PBH 240 RE version of the one you’ve linked to and it has been faultless.

The additional £20 cost of the Bosch and Makita is worth it for the chisels.

tonyd

Screwfix have lots under £150. I picked up a DeWalt a few months ago for about £110.

BigJohn

The Titan Rotary Hammers at Screwfix are brilliant value.They have a no quibble guatantee too.

This one is what I have got. The drills and chisels alone are worth the £70 it costs.

totalshell

ive had mine from screw fix for 3 years .. cost £59.. its used every day normally with a 7mm masonary bit weekly with a 15mm masonary and 28mm masonary bit every couple of days with a 110mm core bit ive used the chisel on it too.. wouldnt be without it..

price again £59 quid..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yeah I could go bigger I suppose. I have a 18V Makita cordless for more delicate jobs.

igm

I have a £120 makita from screwfix – probably the same one.

It makes holes in things. Quite nicely and easily.

Seems well made.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Think about the physical size of the drill too as they tend to be quite long making them useless in tight spaces.

tomkerton
    Free Member

+1 for the Titan for DIY use. Been faultless whenever I’ve needed it and plenty powerful. Perfect ecomomy option IMO.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cool, Titan bought.

stumpy01

Bit late, but anyway…..

Bought a Makita SDS drill from Screwfix and it chucked all it’s gearbox grease (hot & melted) all over my arm while using it.

Took it back and swapped it for a Bosch that to all intents and purposes is the one in the link you posted in the OP. It’s briliant.

andyl
    Free Member

I had a Titan angle grinder, actually I had two. First one broke, replacement broke. I then got a Makita and liked it so much I got a 2nd so I didn’t have to keep swapping discs/wire brushes. Screwfix are generally very good with warranties though so just make sure you use it well before the warranty runs out to show up any weaknesses.

My old large (like the Titan but from Aldi) eventually gave up after many years of abuse. I got a replacement armature and gear from Germany (freephone number on the side) for £18 which kept it going a bit longer but eventually the gearbox went. I only had a few minor jobs to do so picked up a £30 lighter use one from Lidl which has been pretty good. I have no doubt a Bosch or Makita would be ‘better’. But what I would say is if you don’t need a big one (ie just mainly drilling and light chiselling) then get one of the smaller ones.

honeybadgerx

Silverline Tools is cracking for value/DIY tools

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘corded SDS drill? – sub £150’ is closed to new replies.