Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Copyright music on You Tube
  • nasher
    Free Member

My mate has done some vids with music that he wanted to put up on you tube.

however some clips will not play the sound and a pop up comes up with "this is copyrighted music" or something.

Is there any way around this?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

no

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

well actually yes, but i doubt you could afford it!

Mark

http://www.prs4music.com

It's what we have to use to be able to have music in our videos

nasher
    Free Member

Thanks Mark.

Although that would be fine for our own site, but does you tube just automatically stop certain music regardless?

retro83
    Free Member

a while back they seemed to be re-enabling the music tracks and adding a link to buy the said track in iTunes. Has that stopped?

Seemed like a good idea to me – you watch the vid, like the track, buy the music. Everybody wins.

robbo1234biking

I think they have the rights to some record labels but not others so it depends on the track and the original copyright owner

peachos
    Free Member

vimeo!

Northwind

I've found from my own videos that crediting the track tends to reduce the risk of it having its audio disabled. But also, that editing the track slightly seems to stop it from being detected as a copyright issue at all- even if it's just cutting the ending slightly or fading it out. That might just be coincidence though.

Mark

Cropping music IS an option in some licences and is in fact common practice. That's why radio stations talk over the endings of tracks… The licence is cheaper. You can't then extract a complete track from a recording of the show.

nasher
    Free Member

Some of the clips had, cropped, extended music but still got picked up.

Will try Vimeo but it looks like re editing with other music, which iis going to be a right pain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Copyright music on You Tube’ is closed to new replies.