Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Copying iPhone contacts to Android phone
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m trying to get ny iPhone contacts onto my android phone. My first port of call was to export them to Google Contacts via iTunes. That option has been removed for iTunes 12.

I’ve added a google account to my iPhone via exchange, but that only will sync the contacts on the sim not the phone.

Has anyone successfully copied their iPhone contacts to google?

Cheers

Ricks

br
    Free Member

Use a PC?

fisha
    Free Member

I thought you could specify which contacts were viewed (sim or phone ) on the I contact list. I don’t really use the sim for contacts at all really, it’s all just on the phone now.

Either way, I run all my contacts via my google account, and for any phone , I just plug in the google account and make the phone sync contacts with it. Works well for me, as it lets me change phones without transferring details manually , it just syncs and picks up everything. It also lets my wife and I share contacts so we see the new additions for new people we meet or get phone numbers from . . . Even when she has an iphone and I have and android phone.

I would look at getting the phone itself to sync with the google account for contacts and let the phone upload everything ( you can check contacts on a desktop by going into th account contacts) and then on the new phone add the google account and sync the contacts on that. It he new phone should them pull all the contacts in a matter of seconds.

nickc

you can get an app for the iphone that will make (I think) a VBA file that you can export to a PC or your new phone, or open a gmail acct

there are plenty of you tube guides

cp

Can’t believe this is still a problem. Years ago when I had an iPhone there were quite a few apps available to export your contacts to various formats then import them into Google. Life then becomes a lot easier…

cp

Op, this should help you out. Once they’re synced, just add your google account tho your android phone and magically all the contacts will appear.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077

rickon
    Free Member

The problem with Google Sync is that it only will sync new contacts, existing contacts aren’t synced. Its really annoying. I’ve been through a few guides and the goal posts look to have moved.

gt900uk
    Free Member

I used an app that uploaded it to the ‘cloud’ and then install the same app on new phone sync and voila contacts transferred.

rickon
    Free Member

Whoop! Downloaded a contact export for iPhone through the app store. Exported to vcard and imported.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Copying iPhone contacts to Android phone’ is closed to new replies.