Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Copying image urls from a Flickr photostream?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m a total IT numpty.

I’m trying to copy some images from a Flickr photostream to a website.

I can transfer them easily by right clicking on the image and copy and pasting the image URL from the properties where the images are presented elsewhere but I cant get them directly from the Flickr photostream using their link options.

Where am I going wrong?

Drac

Select the HTML option copy and past the code.

rOcKeTdOg

Someone else’s pics or yours? If the former They might have blocked linking in their settings. Contact them and ask?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They are Al’s pics. I’ve asked him to check the settings. Thanks folks.

CountZero

Flickr’s completely broken trying to get photos onto here. I used to be able to just tap on the link box, and get ‘select all’, then ‘copy’, but that just doesn’t work any more, and trying to select and drag the blue line doesn’t work either, it goes so far then disappears, plus it won’t drag to the full extent of the link text.
    Bloody annoying, they keep screwing around with Flickr, with no apparent clue as to the actual consequences of what their dicking around has actually done.
    😡
    Seems Flickr don’t really give a shit: https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157652514791871/#reply72157653162683186

bencooper
    Free Member

Interesting, works fine for me – click the share button, select BBCode if it’s not already selected, copy and paste the code to here.

CountZero

Ben, it’s just not possible to select the BBCode! The facility doesn’t even exist on Android; have a look at the forum link I’ve just posted above.

Trekster

Become a pain on the ipad 😆

CountZero

Ok, quick update, having read back through some of those forum comments, one of them does actually work; tapping on the BBCode link box once so that it briefly flashes grey, then tapping with two fingers selects the entire code and allows it to be copied.
    I’ve just tried it on the man-made structure thread with three photos, and it worked perfectly.
    Phew, that’s a relief, until their IT chimps chuck a (monkey) wrench in and cock it up again…

bencooper
    Free Member

Ah, got you – just tried it on an iPad and that is a hassle. They do seem to be on a mission to bork what was a very good service.

CountZero

Ah, got you – just tried it on an iPad and that is a hassle. They do seem to be on a mission to bork what was a very good service.

Yeah, exactly! 😀
    Still, the trick of tapping once to get into the code box, then once using two fingers does seem to work smoothly, it looks like they’re implementing multi-finger usage, but rather in a rather ham-fisted fashion: by not actually telling anyone what they’ve done, or how to use it.
    I’m being generous here, benefit-of-the-doubt, and all that!
    Might also just be a complete fluke…

wrightyson
    Free Member

What about the app on android, it never works for me?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Copying image urls from a Flickr photostream?’ is closed to new replies.