Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Copter taping a bike
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

What areas are worth copter taping on a new bike?

Was thinking: –

Rear stays
    Fork legs
    Under Down tube
    possibly crank arms

Anywhere else?

Also any tips on getting the best results?

Cheers Stuart

onandon
    Free Member

Ride it for a month and see whats get scratched and dinged,
    then cover these areas with tape .

Im please to have helped 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I tend to only tape/sticker places where I’m getting rub that looks like it might cause problems. Heel rub on crank arms I don’t care about, headset being eaten by cable rub I do.

bensales
    Free Member

I always do the top of the top-tube because I tend to sit on it whilst having a break.

Driller
    Free Member

Cassette end of rear drive-side stay on a FS bike with an elevated swingarm.

Make sure the frame is clean and free from grease, cut the Copter tape with rounded corners and try not to touch the sticky side or get air bubbles trapped, heat with a hairdryer and smooth out with a rag or yer finger.

You sholuld be able to stick it over some welds etc if you heat it, but dirt often still gets underneath. Still protects your paintwork though.

FOG

I have just attempted to tape my new toy but despite using a hairdrier and being very careful I have got all kind of air bubbles which look kerap, just like my wallpapering!

sv

Does the tape stick to anodized frames?

Driller
    Free Member

Yes, it sticks to anodized frames just fine.

Amos
    Free Member

OK here’s a tip degrease the area then with a fine mist of water spray the area you’re gonna tape, apply tape on to wet surface and then with a plastic edge push the water out this carries the air bubbles out, it is tricky but effective the guys at work sticker the cars this way and you don’t get any bubbles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Copter taping a bike’ is closed to new replies.