Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ,Copter tape who's best at the moment ?
  • oldfart

Thats it really have used J.R.A. before anyone else ?

iain1775
    Free Member

Got some last week from Paragon Tape on eBay, Seemed cheapest for large widths, seems good, very clear not noticeable when applied

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

How much do you want? I have a HUGE roll (about 30 meters x 50cm) at the moment (not that I’m boasting!)

But I can cut you a length – Something like a rate of £20 a meter x 50cm ? Been meaning to do something with it like cutting to sizes and ebaying it off..

It’s proper 3M stuff – we’ve used it on our rental bikes this summer to good effect.

mail me – guy@toricomorzine.com if you’re interested.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Try here 😉

crush83
    Free Member

i just get it from stores on camp (RAF) 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

flow, check out the viking tapes site, you might want to revisit your estimate of £20 per metre (3m of 50mm width is £15 +VAT).

Ive used Paragon before as I liked his thinner non-3M stuff. However the last lot I put on my road bike has yellowed severely in maybe 9 months (noticeable as its on a white frame).

jimmy

there was a guy selling it on the classifieds a short while back, and I’ve been back to him since. Good prices, and good tape (both bikes now covered for ~£20). Will be in my forum activity probably from ~6 weeks ago.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

crashtestdummy– But flowmtbguy’s is 50cm, not 50mm. 😉

stu1972
    Free Member

flowmtbguy YHM

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And it’s monkey not dummy 😀

Though possibly your’e correct in this instance, the joys of old eyes and small smart phone screen 😳

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Right – having just checked the actual roll size and postage + packaging costs, I can do 30cm by 1m for £30 – and yes, that’s 30 centimeters by 1 meter

send me a mail if you want some – guy@toricomorzine.com

mauronappolini
    Free Member

I have a brand new frame and fork that I need to cover with heli tape and can not decide which one to use. I have narrowed it down to JRA copter tape or Biketape. As I understand it JRA copter tape is a bit thicker by roughly 0.1mm. Spoke to the very helpful chaps at Biketape and was informed that the thickness of their tape is 0.22mm. Also I am worried that when it comes time to replace or remove the tape may result in damaging the paint work.

So the question is, has anyone had paint damage from removing heli tape? and which one of the two companies have a superior product?

Thanks
    Mauro

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I doubt if it would do anything to a painted and lacquered finish but Ive seen small parts of an adonised logo removed by helitape.

Both those tapes you mention are good. Unless you’re paranoid I’d probably go thinner (it looks a bit better) and if thats not enough protection for you then get the thicker one next time. They are both gloss btw and look gash on a matte finish.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘,Copter tape who's best at the moment ?’ is closed to new replies.