Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Copper who hit woman gets off.
  • hora
    Free Member

On the flip side I personally know a female officer who is 5ft2 who was throttled round the neck so hard by a lovely cuddly protestor at G20 that she almost passed out, had to have hospital treatment and take weeks off work.

I hear you. Why was she posted there and in that situation?

You wouldn't put a 47yr old male officer in such a situation. I.e. H&S and common sense should be used on which officers to post there surely?

I'd recommend her Manager was throttled for putting her in that danger.

lowey

Should have put her on the floor and given her a couple of digs too.

Hora, Techno Viking is the only person to scare Chuck Norris.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Uplink – yeah that's exactly what I'm suggesting. From now on, no individual is allowed to post about anything they haven't directly witnessed with their own eyes. If you do I'm going to hunt you down and whack you on the thigh with a big baton.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whether it is done by the Police or the protestors /rioters I deplore the behaviour. I do however expect higher standards of behaviour from a highly trained professional police officer rather than a rioter.
    It is a difficult job but I still maintain if a citizen had done this then they would be charged with assault.
    Kettling is just a way of adding fuel to an already volatile situation. Poeple do have the right to gather and protest without being hoarded and trapped without toliets etc. It is hardly likely to calm the situation any is it?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I think she's taking the p**s by going to max clifford. Yes, he was wrong in leathering her, but to be frank, it wasnt that extreme, he did appear to be provoked by her, and if you put yourself in that position, you shouldnt expect to be treated with kid gloves. I took my share of kickings during the 84 strike, wrongly or rightly, but I was doing what I believed to be right at the time. If youre going to protest, at least have the courage of your convictions and dont go looking for compensation.

hora
    Free Member

I do however expect higher standards of behaviour from a highly trained professional police officer rather than a rioter.

Quote of the week IMO. Succinct.

lowey

Junkyard and Hora in having a great big man cuddle shocker!

hora
    Free Member

Lowey **** off. You don't have a big action man scar like junkyards 8)

fisha
    Free Member

She's a gobby boot IMHO not prepared to stand up for her actions when it really matters in front of the court.

She should have been lifted for a breach*, cuffed, doon the station, kept there till the demo was finished, then sent on her way with a £40 fixed penalty fine for anti-social behaviour.

* I know you dont have a B.O.P. in england as such … or do you?

lowey

No but my arse crack is bigger :p

grumm
    Free Member

All the people who reckon they know about the tactics etc involved care to explain this one then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53XDz3nDuM

Legitimate self-defence/crowd control?

Or this?

It's good to know that lots of people think being a bit gobby is a legitimate reason to hit someone, or that the police should basically be able to do what they want because they are more powerful than you. I don't have much sympathy for this woman tbh but some of the stuff in this thread is really worrying.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I dont think much of her behaviour post event. However, having seen the video, the violence from the copper appeared to be inappropriate and disproportionate.

What's most important to remember is that during the policing of perfectly legal events around those days, the police (against their own rules) covered up their own identity numbers so that no one could report them for bad behaviour… which says everything about how they intended the event to turn out.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

England does still have breach of the peace however it is rarely used for various reasons.

keavo
    Free Member

anarchists pop up at events like these, it is true that it comes with the territory. if you attend an event like this and its getting to be something more than a peaceful demonstration you are at risk being the subject of rough treatment from the police, particularly if you put yourself at the forefront and behave in a certain way. it comes with the territory, you can usually back away if you don't want confrontation. i have no symapthy for the woman. i have no sympathy for the officer, he did his job (a job he chose) and his actions were investigated and he was found not guilty. personally i don't think it should have gone to court without her appearing.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Copper who hit woman gets off.’ is closed to new replies.