Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • copper grease on the back of pads?
  • alexonabike

Does copper grease on the back of the pads stop them squealing?

wormhole

worked for me! must be hope???

alexonabike

nah, Juicy 7's.

Been pretty good for the past few years but have just started squealing even in the bone dry as soon as I touch the levers, both F+R, both on new SSC pads…

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Yep, tried for first time a couple of weeks ago on my XT's. Worked a treat.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Works on my M4s.

squin
    Free Member

Works on mine – Avid Juicy 5's (although, so does M Prep)

Junkyard
    Free Member

WHICH SIDE YOU GREASING 😉

I though it was just the cold or not being bedded in that cuases squeals.

DaveGr
    Free Member

I read in a mag a couple of years ago not to put copper grease on the back of pads but can't remember why. Wasn't just a journalist saying it but either one of the brake manufacturers or a professional bike mechanic but can't find anything in a quick google. I find getting the brake mounts faced helps a lot – my Hopes hardly ever squeal.

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont bother. I helps them collect mud and dirt.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don't think it's good for the seals either (in theory) but I'm sure plenty of people do it and don't have an issue.

I don't do it as I clean my bike regularly and I can't help thinking it might just end up on the rotor.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Well I read a few years back that it more to do with how the rotor is "broken in". Corrugations in it's surface due to tentative cherry popping of said rotor rather than proper manly brake grabbing lead to the "wine glass effect". Could all be shite though, as mine squeal like a piggy as soon as they get wet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘copper grease on the back of pads?’ is closed to new replies.