Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Coolest Full face?
  • alric
    Free Member

Which is the Coolest Full face helmet?
    Does anyone use Airoh?
    How do you rate the troy Lee D2 for cold?

stevied
    Free Member

Probably the new Fox one..
    https://www.foxracing.com/store/product/PROFRAME-MOTH-HELMET/_/A-product-18609..catalog10001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.547

submarined
    Free Member

Fox Proframe is the one I always hear being touted as the breeziest.
    D2 really isn’t that cool!

jam-bo

ltd ed, palmer D2. sick, brah…

alric
    Free Member

That proframe looks more like a switchblade, I’m wondering how strong it would be

Milkie
    Free Member

The coolest helmets are the Red Bull full face ones. 😆

ehrob

Proframe doesn’t have a removable chinbar, so is about as much like a switchblade as any other full face helmet.

submarined
    Free Member

Iirc the Proframe achieves one of the ANSI DH certified levels of protection.

oikeith

two of my riding buddies have the new fox one, they say they’re light and they dont get that warm in them.

I’m tempted to join them soon, although the price tag puts me off.

vincienup
    Free Member

My last Parachute was fine in Summer in Spain for all day riding. It took some big hits before I binned it although it still looked undamaged – I just didn’t trust it anymore after the beating it had taken.

frood
    Free Member

The fox proframe is very comfy. I can ride in mine all day. The only downside is needing to take it off for a drink out of a water bottle (so use a drink bladder) and everyone thinking you’re out for a gnar ride every time you wear it. Top half is cooler than my giro hex and the chin is so airy that I’ve not had any issues with that either. In fact my face still gets as muddy as before

alric
    Free Member

any more contenders?
    I might think my heads worth it but my boss has other ideas

Northwind

I have an Urge down-o-matic, it’s a Proper Old Fashioned Full Face that happens to have great vents. But it’s not cool, it’s just cool for a fullface, I don’t think it does the same job as a proframe

me1tdown
    Free Member

Proframe is a fantastic full face. The magnetic buckle is great. No regrets despite the price. Really well vented but still a full face at the end of the day and hotter than the average open face.

alanf
    Free Member

My Arai Haga rep

you wouldn’t want to wear it on the MTB though…

tdog
    Free Member

Seeing as Airoh ones are light as and are motorcycle gold acu stamped/approved and don’t have that mtb over priced tag then I know where my money would go in future for a full facer.

Dunno bout how cool temp they are for riding but are really comfortable having tried on at motorcycle dealer when I rode motorcycles.

silversun
    Free Member

Anyone else have any feed back on using a ProFrame for everyday trail riding? I’m thinking about using one.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Surely the Giro Switchblade or Bell Super DH would be the coolest/breeziest as you can remove etc chin bar? Both fully DH certified as far as I know too.

Looking at one of them as my next helmet.

Phil_H

If you have an XL head and don’t mind red or yellow proframes are down to £150 at Leisure Lakes at the moment.

andrewh
    Free Member

I was asking the same question a couple of years ago, the answer does seem to be the ones with the removable chin guard. However, I needed it for the Mega and they are not permitted there, check the regs of whichever race(s) you are planning.

I ended up with a POC Cortex Flow but that was because it was the most comfortable when I tried it on, I guess that’s very subjective.

alric
    Free Member

andrewh

How do you find the POC cortex flow?

Silly question really, given the weather so far this year

stewartc
    Free Member

Use the ProFrame here out in SEA (Hong Kong & Chiang Mei), it does get a tadge hot here but I have yet to struggle with it even in summer albeit when shuttling.

When I say hot I mean 27-35 degrees and often humidity up to 95%.

For days when its going to be a long day pedalling punctured with a bit of rock DH I use my Bell Super with detachable chinguard.

andrewh
    Free Member

It is warmer than I’d hoped, which can sometimes be an advantage… Comfy though. It’s the only full-face I’ve ever had so comparisons are tricky.

One thing I do recall is the guy in the shop saying “it sounds daft but you’ll go faster with one as it will lessen the sensation of speed, especially wind noise” I remember thinking that yes, it does sound daft. Turns out it’s true though.

http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/megavalanche-whole-soggy-saga.html?m=1 That’s what I wanted it for.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Coolest Full face?’ is closed to new replies.