Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Coolest band members of all time
  • backhander
    Free Member

Black thought of the Roots

devs
    Free Member

seriously you guys have got it wrong. Ron Mael from the Sparks is way cooler than any other band member I have ever seen. A genius 3 decades ahead of his time.

Just too cool.

Waderider
    Free Member

Zappa is undoubtedly the coolest band organiser of all time! Okay, maybe him or George Clinton. A fair post…..

Coolest band member no idea, let the music do the talking.

*Edit, on consideration some folk might rate Bootsy Collins. Coolness is a personal thing after all…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Bryan Ferry (yeah I know, I'm old). So so cool in a dark suit and white shirt. Lounge lizard extraordinaire.

Have seen him a few times now, including first time round when Jerry Hall was on stage.

Nah thats a good call – lots of talented and charismatic people metioned but for cool?

fruitbat

Vivian Stanshall

bobster
    Free Member

Cliff Burton RIP

Sawyer
    Free Member

Josh Homme (QOTSA)
    Bootie Brown (Pharcyde)

cinnamon_girl

Thank you TJ. 😀

Mind you, he has a gf in her mid-20's. Younger than one of his sons. 😯

Danno72
    Free Member

oxnop. Jesse hughes is a F#$king legend! One of my top 3 gigs of all time was EODM at the Astoria…..off the hook. That guy reaaly knows how to work the crowd!

manitou
    Free Member

Lowell George

martinxyz
    Free Member

I dont know many but i would agree on Prince and zach de la rocha. what about John Squire?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Huey from the Fun Lovin' Criminals,
    Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam,
    Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters,
    David Byrne from the Talking Heads,
    Flea…

RepacK
    Free Member

You are all so wide of the mark..

End of thread.

bassspine
    Free Member

Repack – that's the coolest album cover ever

Jim Morrison just because
    Johnny Cash so sad, so funny.

nickc

Josh Homme is a good guitarist for sure, but he can never be the coolest, he's Ginger. My vote goes to Jimi, You can tell it's effortless, Slash tries a little too hard, Lemmy's just to f**king ugly, and stupid. Prince shows off just a bit too much, and is a control freak, and that ain't cool, Zappa? to 'out there' to be properly cool, Everyone else mentioned here is too minor league to be king (or queen) of cool

But Jimi? c'mon…The guitarist from soft machine challenged him to a guitar duel and reluctantly Jimi agrees, Larry Nowlin plays this intricate 10 minute prog-jazz solo, hits every note, scales and arpeggios; seriously detailed knowledge, every note played flawlessly, Hendrix responds by turning his amp up to 10; plays one chord, and manipulates the resultant feedback. Huge understanding of what an electric guitar should be used for, something earthy loud, and exhilarating. Not playing loads of fret board wankery.

Cool.

40 years on, and people are still trying to measure themselves against him..

drain

'wankery' – good one, up there with Thurman's 'rubbage' the other day! 🙂

I'm seeing where DeVs is coming from. Still Jimi for me though.

jools182
    Free Member

Steven Malkmus

Kim Deal

John McCrea

cinnamon_girl

Define 'cool'. ❓

Jimi was truly talented, the likes of which we will never see again.

But some people are not so talented … but they have that special quality of 'coolness'. Bryan Ferry for me. You need to see him live to appreciate it.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I saw Bryan Ferry sat in the back of a Jaguar in Hull once, he still looked cool.

Hull! Nobody has looked cool whilst in Hull before or since.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Lemmy, to be ugly and get to sleep with(allegedly)over 2000 women. He's not really cool now though.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Another vote for Rollins, although Mike Patton comes pretty close.

cinnamon_girl

I saw Bryan Ferry sat in the back of a Jaguar in Hull once, he still looked cool.

It's the way he dresses. 😀

Seriously, I went to a picnic concert (won't say what exactly cos I'll get flamed) but as soon as he came on stage, us girlies charged to the front and swooned for England. 😆

martinxyz
    Free Member

were you shrieking and clawing fek out of yer cheeks?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Does a walk like Ian Brown or Liam Gallaghers<

Snigger…

Ferry = good call…

Bing
    Free Member

Ok so now i have a winner!

Mr B (linky linky linky)

TheSanityAssassin

Peter Murphy – so cool he broke the sound barrier sitting in an armchair.

Nigel Blackwell – absolute mastery of cynicism and observational humour.

wee-al
    Free Member

No Jim Morrison? Seriously?

I'm not even a massive doors fan but i thought he'd be a shoe in!

Black thought is a cracker though. And as it's band members rather than just frontmen ?love surely deserves a mention.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Evan Dando for slacker effertless cool
    Beck for being uniquely talented
    All of Urge Overkill- a band that sports White linen suits with Gold medallions of their band's logo while all their contemporaries were tregging around in flannel shirts and cut off combat pants deserves a mention.

TooTall
    Free Member

Lou Reed and Mick Jones

For being my favourite front men and barely able to sing in tune.

uplink
    Free Member

All for different reasons

Jeff Buckley
    Frank Sinatra
    Tommy Lee
    Jim Morrison
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Joey Ramone

ianv
    Free Member

Have you seen Rollins on Full Metal Challenge? (dave) any semblance of cool goes straight out the widow.

metalheart
    Free Member

John Cale, back in the Velvets days with his long hair and shades, playing drone viola! Man, he was cool. Still is.

Richard Hell.

Yeah Bryan Ferry, very talented. Interesting about how the first Roxy album was made. Bryan sat at piano and basically told everyone else their parts and how he wanted it! Definitely cool!

Also votes for Thurston Moore (lets not forget Kim 'cool rock chick listening to Neu' Gordon) and Kim Deal.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Paul Simonon- the way he dresses, the way he plays his bass etc

Kuco

Mike Patton

TheFlyingOx

Derek Smalls.

Shrewsbury Town.

edit:

Napalm
    Free Member

Brian James – The Damned, naturally cool.

Coyote
    Free Member

Ron Mael deffo! Icy cool.

bol

Captain Sensible?

Got to be one of the Keiths for me. Richards, Moon, or Flint.

oxnop
    Free Member

oxnop. Jesse hughes is a F#$king legend! One of my top 3 gigs of all time was EODM at the Astoria…..off the hook. That guy reaaly knows how to work the crowd!

I always make sure I see them when they are in the UK. Agreed he is a legend.

First time I saw EODM I didnt really know what to expect,he came on the stage, walking through the crowd to Dizzie Rascal's 'fix up look sharp'by far the best (small venue) gig I have ever been to.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Homme & Grohl for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Coolest band members of all time’ is closed to new replies.