Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cooler than a VW T6?
  • wwaswas

I’d buy one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is either cool?

spooky_b329

You can’t post that without some sort of link!

IHN

No tailgate, I’m out

cloudnine
    Free Member

Diesel?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I’m in

juanghia
    Free Member

T5’s and 6’s are not really that cool anymore due to the type of people that now own them.

The new wave of T5/6 owners don’t even bother ratting out their suspension…and they don’t wave, owning a VW used to mean some thing.

spooky_b329

They could do some crazy stuff with the T6, giving it a new body with some hints of the old window bus styling, and some clever design into the mix. Then it would be cool.

Think A class style front bed, side mounted tailgate with fabric sides to create an awning, wider body for sideways beds.

Edukator
    Free Member

wider body

Thus losing the clients that buy it for its compact size. VW make biger vans for people who want bigger vans.

Even the Jumper/Ducato which is the base for this styling mock-up thing is too wide for Madame to be comfortable driving it.

spooky_b329

Perhaps those buyers would still buy the T6.

Some buyers buy it for its compactness.
    Some buyers buy it for the badge/scene

The new Beetle, Fiat 500, Mini are all small cars bloated out for styling reasons, they all sell like hot cakes. Let the T6 spawn a retro window bus model, at least the extra girth would be practical.

And they don’t sell any of their other larger vans as factory converted campers…even the Sprinter is fairly rare as a camper, most are DIY conversions. They could take a piece of the Ducato market.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The new Beetle, Fiat 500, Mini are all small cars bloated out for styling reasons, they all sell like hot cakes. Let the T6 spawn a retro window bus model, at least the extra girth would be practical.

Nah they would just use the width for styling rather than add it inside style vs substance

poah
    Free Member

since when has a VW van ever been cool lol

matt_outandabout

It’s a yes to the Citroen from me. 😯
    Shame the interior will be the standard.

colp

Going to see a lot more H van mobile food outlets now.

Wookster

I like that!!

juanghia – Member
    T5’s and 6’s are not really that cool anymore due to the type of people that now own them.

The new wave of T5/6 owners don’t even bother ratting out their suspension…and they don’t wave, owning a VW used to mean some thing.

😳

Waves

Dropped suspension by 40mm ( can’t go lower due to local roads!) and compulsively waves at other VW’s….

😳

Defo got a scene tax, but my money my choice, I can remember walking past a VW on the way to school and loved it after one twenty somthing years later I managed to get one.

matt_outandabout

No you won’t – only 70 of them being made for Italian market….

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

It’s trying to be something it isn’t. Has that ever been considered cool?

ElShalimo

kenneththecurtain – Member
    It’s trying to be something it isn’t. Has that ever been considered cool?

Ahem…
    T2

T6 modern “copy”

FWIW, I think the H van copy looks very pretty and is a bit different. Good luck to them.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Sticking bits of plastic onto any vehicle is never cool. Whether it’s a boy racer sticking spoilers to his a scooby or bits of plastic on a van

neilnevill
    Free Member

I like it. Retro looks but modern underpinnings are ideal in my view.

FuzzyWuzzy

Wonder what happens if it has a shunt, does it revert to OP’s pic 3?

ElShalimo

FuzzyWuzzy – Member
    Wonder what happens if it has a shunt, does it revert to OP’s pic 3?

Don’t be silly, everyone knows that after a shunt the panels fall off like a clown’s car and they just push them back on again after the show

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cooler than a VW T6?’ is closed to new replies.