Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Coolant level sensor broken – how much to repair?
  • finishthat
    Free Member

If it uses the traditional VAG cooland header tank with the integral level probes – then you may get away with cleaning the sensor probe tips , if it is the std VAG header tank then it is cheap to replace OEM – if the dealer is talking about wiring to the sensor – then have a look at that – some models
    suffer from water or coolant ingress to the short loom that the sensor plugs into when the sensor leaks internally corroding the electrical contacts.
    Well known VAG group fault.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

jd – the lock may also stop people maliciosly adding stuff to the tank: urine, sugar and such.

johndoh
    Free Member

jd – the lock may also stop people maliciosly adding stuff to the tank: urine, sugar and such.

True

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well my thoughts when i saw it was a lease was ….Doesn’t it have to work when he hands it back.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well my thoughts when i saw it was a lease was ….Doesn’t it have to work when he hands it back.

It works okay – the error came up but has disappeared again after restarting the engine. Obviously I accept I would have no option but to sort it if it was continually on.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Coolant level sensor broken – how much to repair?’ is closed to new replies.