Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Cool SRAM Powerlink T-Shirt
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Yes I know I am trying to sell this Tee (but not me actually selling so didn’t post it on the classifieds – more of a begging post really 😉 – but ordered a few of my design but need a certain amount to get it posted! 🙂 can’t afford to buy a batch of 25 🙂

If anyone is interested here it is: (no I am not doing it for the commission 😉 If you think its naff then I’ll accept it on teh chin 😉 LOL

LINK

I_Ache
    Free Member

The design is a little on the large side. I think if you shrank it by 40-50% so its just on the chest then it would look better.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don’t want to be relentlessly negative, but I have simply never thought of the powerlink as “cool”. They are clearly a better method of joining a chain than the silly Shimano pin things, but that’s about as far as I go with them. 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

How much?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think if you shrank it by 40-50% so its just on the chest then it would look better.

Yeh you might be right – I’ll try that as well – I’ll post a smaller version if I don’t get any takers. Cheers IA

foxyrider
    Free Member

tinsy – yeh tis expensive I know – even more that Howies T’s LOL – I guess you could get them printed locally but agin less takers I think?

tinsy
    Free Member

No no, foxy I meant how much are they, I hadnt looked at the link!!

nina
    Free Member

stupidly expensive for something of unknown quality. why not do them through spreadshirt which is a lot cheaper and you can let the end user decide on what to put the design on

foxyrider
    Free Member

True – but The cheap Tess on spreadshirt are pretty cheap IMHO – the good tees are about £20 anyway but if anyone is interested I can put it up on there as well? I doub’t it but there ya go – My first time as T shirt designing as you might be able to tell 😉

BTW the tees are a good quality – same as howies shirts use – yes I know there are expensive as well!

tinsy – Member

No no, foxy I meant how much are they, I hadnt looked at the link!! £20 women and £25 for men – At least they say their tee’s are made ethically and organic cotton so more expensive than sweat shop tees?

Nevermind I thought it was a long shot 😉

jfeb
    Free Member

Tbh, I don’t really get it.

Regardless, it would look better smaller as suggested already.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its art dude – you interpret it as you wish or not.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

How much did SRAM want for the rights?

Olly
    Free Member

send it to howies!

dont they print suggestions they like?
    and may give you one for your troubles?
    i like it 🙂
    would have gone with “unchained” though i think
    and its not clear what its a picture of, could do with a tidy up in the design?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I hope you cant read the SRAM part – It doesnt say SRAM on the lettering so its just a generic photo of teh powerlink so I felt it was not a copyright infringement – yeh good one Olly – maybe unchained is better!

I’;; send it to howies – yeh good idea.

gavinski
    Free Member

good question ADH

i’d thought about trying a design or 2 on spreadshirt or teepay but worried about the rights to images – particularly people. you see loads of images of hendrix, morrison etc though – so do they pay for those, or is there a point where if you’ve photoshopped it enough you can get away with it, if i make a t shirt with hendrix on it, but don’t say that it is him, is that legal? is it to do with the age of the photo or the fact that they are dead?
    So with cycle components, what’s the deal – is anything not in production now fair to use or something like that?

i kind of assumed it was theft so didn’t bother – but i’ve still got a couple of idea i like so if anyone can tell me it’s fair game i’d be interested.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I felt A: that I am not using it as offical SRAM merchandise or trying to use it as such or earn money from bootlegging their trademark. B: the owner of the image should be informed if used as the native image so if its your photo of someone famous I can’t see how that is illegal unless you say its official mechandise? – I used photoshop on this and heavily modded it so I feel its my image now.

FuzzyWuzzy

Unchain just sounds wrong… You’d be better off having no text below and the word embossed in the powerlink to.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d like one in medium size if I can afford it. Can I?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

1. Too expensive

2. I don’t get it, but I’m no art critic.

3. IMO if SRAM found out you were using and image of their Powerlink for financial gain other than being a stockist of the actual product, they would jump up and down on your head until it looked like a wet mop.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

SRAM might not feel that is the case, they have patented this specific design of chain link.

You could always ask them, they migth view it as free advertising, or pick it up for some casual clothing themselves.

gavinski, most of those t-shirts rely on the manufacturer or retailer to being too small fry to bother taking to court. You’d not make any money out of brining 5,000 tiny one man band shops to court. If somebody is making serious wonga by blantently ripping your stuff off, you can go to town with them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I love the comments – mostly negative wich I expect here 😉 LOL

3. IMO if SRAM found out you were using and image of their Powerlink for financial gain other than being a stockist of the actual product, they would jump up and down on your head until it looked like a wet mop.

Maybe SRAM would like it as it advertising their product – did you ever think of that – Well the Tee is not even in production as it needs orders so if SRAM want to get in touch and ask me to take the design down then they within their rights I guess but otherwise KINGTUT I am not knowingly breaking the law. I don’t think they would bother with a lawsuit for 30 teeshirts do you? Send SRAM the link if you like and see what they say – I would be interested to know if I am breaking copyright law wouldn’t you?

MrAgreeable

It depends where you got the image from. If you took the photo yourself, fill yer boots. If you nicked it from somewhere, iffy. If you’re “passing off” your product as an official SRAM one (and it looks like that font is meant to be the SRAM font), also iffy.

Teepay is a Howies spin-off by the way.

foxyrider
    Free Member

It’s not the SRAM font BTW – looked it up – similar but not even close if your into font design. I gathered Tee Pay was setup by Howies as they sell teh Tees from teh Howies website 😉

MrAgreeable

they would jump up and down on your head until it looked like a wet mop.

Your remedies if someone has breached your copyright are delivery up of the offending materials, stopping production of the items, and making the infringer account to the copyright holder for any profits. The “jumping on people’s heads” remedy is specific to Avonmouth isn’t it? 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Your remedies if someone has breached your copyright are delivery up of the offending materials, stopping production of the items, and making the infringer account to the copyright holder for any profits. The “jumping on people’s heads” remedy is specific to Avonmouth isn’t it?

Yes, yes it is.

foxyrider
    Free Member

People are very serious on here most of the time arn’t they – OK we”l see what Sram say – I’ll email them…..

Anyone got a suitable email address for them?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hey! You go right ahead and get sued if you want to, no skin off my nose, just trying to point out potential problems.

Rights, permissions and copyright are BIG things in my industry. You can’t just take something, modify it with photoshop and flog it as your own.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

foxyrider – Member

People are very serious on here most of the time arn’t they – OK we”l see what Sram say – I’ll email them…..

Probably best, I think if they have a problem it won’t be so much the actual picture of the Powerlink being used and more so that people will ‘think’ it’s an SRAM endorsed product, SRAM understandably hold a lot of pride in the quality, presentation and reputation of their products they are not going to let you ride rough shod over it, put it’s this way someone sees a punter wearing one of your T-shirts and thinks “Oh a Powerlink T-shirt, that looks a bit shit” It then reflects badly on the SRAM name.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

the spacing between the ‘n’ & ‘c’ is terrible.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hey! You go right ahead and get sued if you want to, no skin off my nose, just trying to point out potential problems.

Rights, permissions and copyright are BIG things in my industry. You can’t just take something, modify it with photoshop and flog it as your own.

Hey calm down dude – I think some people need to chill out around here – I already emailed fisheroutdoor to ask them.

Anyone would think This is a massive T-shirt making buisness with loads of profit.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I feel some Trolls are entering this post!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

foxyrider – Member

I feel some Trolls are entering this post!

No trolls as far as I can see, just some honest opinions and advice about the possible pitfalls of your venture.

MrAgreeable

Is it going to come in an extra heavyweight cotton for thin-skinned people? 🙄

BluePalomino
    Free Member

also… i doubt that SRAM own the rights to sole use of the font (though they might) even if it’s the same font that SRAM use. If it’s a commercially available font just make sure that you’ve bought it for yourself before you use it.

I agree that the whole design should be smaller. Also what about changing the text to ‘SCAM’ using the same font as SRAM 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Anyone would think This is a massive T-shirt making buisness with loads of profit.

The way I see it if they let you get away with it, it could be the thin end of the wedge and allow larger companies to use images of their products for financial gain (other than being a stockist).

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am not thin skinned BTW – but read the post

If you think its naff then I’ll accept it on the chin LOL

I accpet your criticisms but many people can criticise – I see this at work but a lot of people cannot give prasie – its against their nature. I am not asking for praise – if its SH&^ its SH*& and I woun’t get any Tees made anyway but its like on other posts critising people or bike shops – the ratio of praise to critisim in this day and age seems to be low IMHO.

If you feel the need to vent your negative views on this SH*& design feel free – get it all out and off ya chest – I would feel like I am helping people with their pent up anyger and frustration 🙂 😉

If it’s a commercially available font just make sure that you’ve bought it for yourself before you use it.

Its a free font BTW

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Like I said I’m no art critic but whilst I don’t like it, I don’t think it’s shit either.

Gnnr

Maybe you could just print the word:

RELAX

on your T-shirt…. What do you mean its been done, aw sod it I’ll have the powerlink one then.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

a lot of people cannot give prasie – its against their nature.

I like it. And i would wear one! But the letter spacing should be sorted. Also i would use the same font as SRAM if you can legally do so, or not use any text at all, or use another variant of SRAM, e,g SCUM, SCRAM etc

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Maybe you could just print the word:

RELAX

on your T-shirt…. What do you mean its been done, aw sod it I’ll have the powerlink one then.

or..

‘Frankie Says SRAM chains are shit’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Cool SRAM Powerlink T-Shirt’ is closed to new replies.