Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cool down a corner of my shop .
  • zippykona

We have a chocolate cabinet in the corner of our shop. That corner gets very hot due to the motor running.
    We currently put the air con on and point the cold air to it. Is there a more scientific approach we can use?
    Some sort of thermal exchange thing.
    Our current plan is to knock a hole in the wall so that the airflow from the back door will cool the corner.
    This will be messy and close the shop for a day.Both things we would prefer to avoid.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Duct the hot air over to the hot water system, thusly removing the warm air and reducing the energy required for heating water. A win, win position.
    Alternatively vent the hot air outside or move the cabinet closer to an existing vent/window/door.
    You obviously know something that I don’t that explains why the shop’ll be closed for a whole day.

wwaswas

*something about your lawn*

I’d look at ducting the air internally too, you’ll appreciate the warmth come winter.

Plus is it possible to get a better insulated/more efficient cooler – means you’ll get less heat chucked out too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stigofthedump1
    Free Member

Have the refrigerant motor moved outside? Not cheap but will solve the problem. Less of a big hole needed.

ahwiles
    Free Member

how does the air-con’s heat/hot air get out?

run a parallel duct?

TimP
    Free Member

If you made the cabinet out of something other than chocolate, the heat wouldn’t be such a problem would it?

zippykona

Stig that is a good idea, the unit is getting serviced next week I’ll ask the man.

shermer75
    Free Member

What motor is it?

proutster
    Free Member

Sorry, but everyone’s pussyfooting around the real issue – clear out the tat! 😉

It’s either that, or the body-heat generated by the bazillions of grey army that visit your shop on a daily basis. 😉

wwaswas

I’m still wondering what happened to the white box with ‘4’ written on it.

bruneep

Op probably plays deal or no deal during quiet times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cool down a corner of my shop .’ is closed to new replies.