Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cool clothing brands for 12 year old boys
  • sl2000

I need to buy a sweat-shirt or similar for a 12 year old boy living in Sydney.

I am one of the worst dressed men in London so have no idea what might be appreciated. I’ve looked at Howies but worry that they may be a bit too boring for someone that young.

So can anyone suggest something please? Perhaps a UK brand that’s not available in Australia.

PMK2060

Hollister and superdry are popular with the youngsters. Not sure they would appreciate howies.

Drac

Abercrombie and Fitch.

tomhoward

Jack Wills

matt_outandabout

Depends what he is into – is he sporty/grunge/rock/casual/surfer/etc

FWIW, our 13 sees clothes as nothing other than to cover his nudity, and frankly will sling on any old muddy or worn tat that is comfy. Even persuading him to jeans and a neat hoody is a challenge…
    On the other hand, our 12 year old likes neat shirts, skinny jeans, cosy hoodies and new shoes.

Chalk and cheese.

tthew

One of the Abercrombie/hollister top managers said some pretty unsavoury comments about people who didn’t fit his ideal and therefore shouldn’t be allowed in his shops and clothes once. So, I’d go for Superdry .

But quite why you are asking a bunch of middle age MTBers for fashion advice, … 🙂

sl2000

is he sporty/grunge/rock/casual/surfer/etc

I’d pick sporty of those. He’s definitely not grunge/rock.

I got him a bench tracksuit top-style thing last year which was apparently liked.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

For kids maybe Obey.

1-shed
    Free Member

Carhartt do a range in smaller sizes.

ekul
    Free Member

As above, definitely Holliste,r Jack Wills or Abercrombie and Fitch. Hollister is just a cheaper version of Abercrombie though but the clothes are virtually the same. The only downside is that fact you don’t know what you’re buying in store as they always just seem to forget to turn the lights on in Hollister and A&F.

Not sure how international Jack Wills are though if you’re going for something that’ll be rare in Sydney so could be a better shout?

onlysteel
    Free Member

If he’s sporty how about a track suit top from one of the big European sides. Son lives in AC Milan one.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Superdry for the win.

MrSmith
    Free Member

But quite why you are asking a bunch of middle age MTBers for fashion advice, …

Because the majority of them still dress like teenagers who like to mooch from one anodyne end of a high street to the other.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cool clothing brands for 12 year old boys’ is closed to new replies.