Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cool bike accessories
  • molgrips
    Free Member

In Halfords they had topeak mudguards with a light in the top and a light guide all the way along the back of it – so the whole thing lights up.

I thought this was pretty cool.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think topeak are doing a few things with led’s fitted, saddle bags for one.

Link? iGlow.

And what is the point of this? – MiniRocket iGlow – Pump w/Integral Glow (iGlow) technology. Why would you want a pump that glows red?

Although I think your definition of cool may differ from mine 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Molgrips can’t link.

He’s upstairs, and the link is downstairs.

If it’s this one:

…then it gets mixed reviews on Wiggle.

Nobby

And what is the point of this? – MiniRocket iGlow – Pump w/Integral Glow (iGlow) technology. Why would you want a pump that glows red?

Some folk do still attach their pump to their bike – it’s not a bad idea to have it double up as a light.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh usually a bottle cage mount though, why would you want a red light there?

Nobby

It’s amazing how much attention is given to being seen front & rear but not side-on – many rear light manufacturers design lights that ‘wrap’ around a bit these days.

Topeak do actually market that pump with brackets for the seat post or stays.

Nobby

thegreatape
    Free Member

Some folk do still attach their pump to their bike – it’s not a bad idea to have it double up as a light.

Mainly the elderly, so it’s particularly important.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Use it instead of a rear light, or use it instead of a pump. I like mine.

You’d think it was obvious.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You’d think it was obvious.

New things can startle horses.

I think conventional consumer perception is that multi-function items not only function less well than a single-function designed item, but also smack of tackiness and lack of prestige.

I’m quite utilitarian, and think it’s a cool idea, but would like to know that I was getting as good a pump and as good a light as I would were I to buy a good pump and a good light separately.

Northwind

The Iglow X (full mudguard) looks ace. Far too narrow for me and expensive, but otherwise ace. Make a 35/40 one and I’ll have it.

I really like the pump… Though I’d wonder how happy it’ll be with the elements in the long run.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m quite utilitarian, and think it’s a cool idea, but would like to know that I was getting as good a pump and as good a light as I would were I to buy a good pump and a good light separately.

I can’t fault it in either role, but I am not a connoisseur of either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cool bike accessories’ is closed to new replies.