Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Convince me to move to….Margam
  • simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

I currently on a graduate scheme with a large industrial gas supplier and looking at the list of placements for September.

Margam is currently top of the my list. Not having lived outside of Yorkshire until this placement in Guildford I dont know too much about the area. I believe the riding would be fantastic it is south Wales!

Carpediem
    Free Member

Margam itself sucks,its got a few decent pubs there.But your 5 mins away from Afan,20 mins from Gower and the Breacon Beacons in 30 or so,Cwmcarn can be done in 40 or so, same for Brechfa.The hills and mountains around are epic.

Sold yet?

richwales

live in cardiff, work in margam.

Ambrose

Live in Upper Swansea Valley- eg Abercrave/ Ynyswen/ Ystalafera areas, or Upper Neath Valley- eg Pontneddfechan or Glyn Neath (Rheola). The trail centres around here are OK as trail centres go- but the natural riding is stunning!

Join us on the regular Weds PM rides- see MTB-Wales.com

aracer
    Free Member

I don't understand the question. I suppose it's Wales 😈 but apart from that why would you need convincing to have a work placement there?

hitman
    Free Member

Join us on the regular Weds PM rides- see MTB-Wales.com

Ambrose, when I'm fixed from my latest injury, any chance I can join you guys on a few rides?

coatesy
    Free Member

If you need convincing then try watching Twin Town, that and the steelworks should sort it out for you:)

njee20
    Free Member

Living in Guildford to living in Margam? Hard luck.

Still, the beer will be cheaper and… erm… no I'm done!

Ambrose

hitman- no problems at all. Where are you?

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

I will certainly be looking you guys up (if it all comes together). I think personally it will be an improvement. Although the riding is good in the surrey hills (living in shere) Wales has much more of a draw !

Im sure I will be posting about this again soon when all is confirmed !

Fingers crossed its not Motherwell

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Convince me to move to….Margam’ is closed to new replies.