Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. Petition
  • Travis

Is here

It seems to be gaining momentum as well

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Including the ones with jobs (vegetarian chef, opera house usher, teacher etc)?

GrahamS

Not really very likely to turn them away from a life of crime is it?

I’d rather see them put to use tidying up the mess they’ve created. Facing the consequences of their actions and all that.

Kevevs
    Free Member

“Any persons convicted of criminal acts during the current London riots” meaning what exactly?

MSP

ah yes, remove their sources of income that will guarantee they don’t commit crime.

peterfile
    Free Member

what about:

murderers
    paedophiles
    rapists
    etc

or should we just keep it to London rioters because murder isn’t actually that anti social?

Junkyard
    Free Member

if one thing will make you more likely to commit crime it is extreme poverty and economic disfranchisement — just google it the effect is immense- what a stupid knee jerk reaction that would achieve the result of more crime. Petitions like this make me realise how wise our politicians are even the idiot ones.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

🙄

http://www.godammit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/stop-being-a-****.jpg

I’m not posting it direct because I’ll get banned but FFS!

Edit: Probably NSFW

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What an absolutely stupid idea, and I think I will be siding with TJ on this one ?? 🙂

Remove their only ligit source of income and it gives people no option but to result to crime.

Find me a petition which sends them to Boot Camp and doing community work whilst they retain their state handouts and I will sign it NOW

fourbanger
    Free Member

How do you “loose” benefits? More embarrassing than the looters….

IanW
    Free Member

Agreed, It’ll never work shoot the scumbags.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So that just lets those who aren’t receiving benefit off the hook then ?

Is there any reason why those who have a job and reasonable pay should receive less robust treatment ?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Never heard such a stupid kneejerk and ill thought out response to the problem, well till now anyway.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – community work orders on them all, made to wear hi vis jackets showing them for the looting, firestarting scumbags they are.

In fact, let’s brand them all so for the rest of their lives they will be marked as such.

speaker2animals

Seems I’m not the only one who thinks this is a stupid idea. Hurrah!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is that petition serious?

Beggars belief. Where to start…

fourbanger
    Free Member

Think of it as an easy way to weed out friends on FB. It’s not just that it’s just a stupid idea, it’s that they spelt it wrong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW, with reference to : “London rioters”, why London ? Shouldn’t all of those responsible lose their benefits ? And it wasn’t rioting, it was looting.

The authors of that petition obviously didn’t put any thought into it at all – they just relied on stupid half-wit knee-jerk reactions. Where did you find it ?

Travis

Found it on the Guardian.
    I’m not saying I agree with it.

I’m more of a, let them work for their benefits, clean the streets whilst wearing Hi-Vis jackets.

[Edit, Here’s the link and scroll down to 2.53pm]

GrahamS

Why should they “loose” all benefits and exactly how tight are these benefits at the moment? 🙄

GHill

The benefit system isn’t tight enough as it is (according to the Daily Fail 😉 ).

Adding new laws and retrospectively applying them is seriously wrong. This would also give powers that could easily be abused – turn up to protest on student tuition fees, things get a little out of hand, suddenly you’re no longer entitled to benefits.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think it further exaggerates the need for improvements in the education system. I don’t think this is easy of course, but it reflects how many people just don’t get it.

As much as I’d like to be angry at these people and call the idiots, I feel sorry for the fact that they believe it would help.

F*ckin idiots.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I think they should be punished obviously, but to take the benefits will punish people around the criminals more than making things tricky for criminals themselves. Looks like several of them have kids – yeh, lets evict the kids with the parents and punish them for the poor behaviour of thier parents – that will make them grow up and care about socieity. Or put them in care while the parents are on the street – always a good outcome there.

People with no money will either have to get a job (almost no chance with a nice new criminal record) in low employment areas or have to steal to live (punishing any random person who is mugged or burgled) or scrounge off their families/friends, dragging them down too.

kimbers

http://nathanieltapley.com/2011/08/10/an-open-letter-to-david-camerons-parents/

i think this sums it up nicely the biggest benefit fraudsters in this country are the MPs themselves

Travis

Kimbers…

Yes, our Country is corrupt, through and through

toys19
    Free Member

Think of it as an easy way to weed out friends on FB. It’s not just that it’s just a stupid idea, it’s that they spelt it wrong.

This ^

aracer
    Free Member

Including the ones with who used to have jobs (vegetarian chef, opera house usher, teacher etc)?

FTFY

Stoner
    Free Member

An e-petition calling for rioters to lose their benefits has hit 100,000 signatures and become the first to be considered for a Commons debate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14474429

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions?order=desc&sort=count&state=open

Ooooooo dear. This wont be the last we hear of this then…

toys19
    Free Member

maybe we should start an opposite one..

Edric64
    Free Member

murder isn’t actually that anti social?

Murder may not be anti social at all .What if you did away with a paedo who had fiddled with your kids for years?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It’s such a wonderful failure of logic isn’t it? Take away a minimum safety net and throw these people onto the streets – that’ll make the cities safer for sure.

Ok, so lock them up for life. At c£40k per year. That’ll help the deficit – shit, we’ll have to put up taxes…

Well maybe we could create some jobs and pay them to do something useful (improving the country’s infrastructure?) – that would cost less than 40k per individual and might improve the country and improve our economy. Bloated state. Right wing outrage.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. Petition’ is closed to new replies.