Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Conveyancing solicitors….. Machine gun them all?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

When we moved 4 years ago it was fortunate for the solicitors that they were based some distance from us (online conveyancers, recommended by my brother) otherwise I would have been around at their offices doing the whole Falling Down thing – after a morning of trying to speak to the person that was dealing with our move, we found out she was actually on holiday – on the day she was meant to be completing for us! She had left no instructions to anyone else but eventually I got to speak to someone who made various promises only to subsequently be told by someone else that she shouldn’t have said what she did as she was only a receptionist!!!!! We were quite literally about 5 minutes away from the removal team driving back to their depot with all our stuff in their vans to park up overnight as we didn’t have the keys to the new house. It was just before 6pm when we got the keys so we then got charged double time from the removal team to put the stuff in the new house. We did manage to get the additional charge to us refunded from the conveyancers though.

ourmaninthenorth

When we moved 4 years ago it was fortunate for the solicitors that they were based some distance from us (online conveyancers, recommended by my brother)

Which were they, solicitors or conveyancers?

nathb
    Free Member

I’m really happy with mine so far, he’s been great. Answers all email queries within a couple of hours, normally within 30 mins, answers the phone and is full of knowledge.

Even though I’m constantly asking questions he’s stuck to the original quote as well!!

If all continues to go well I’d happily recommend him to friends & family.

blitz

Try a conveyancing solicitor threesome. Our neighbour agreed to sell us and another neighbour part of their garden land. We agreed the plot boundaries and agreed a price. All we needed the solicitors to do was the legal bit with the land registry. Easy you’d think. It might have been if it was just two involved but trying to get three to work together was like herding cats. Took 14 months in the end!

ebygomm
    Free Member

When we bought our solicitors were also acting for the sellers but forgot to tell us
    and your point is ?

It’s a huge conflict of interest and there should be written consent on record that both parties are content with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Conveyancing solicitors….. Machine gun them all?’ is closed to new replies.