Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conveyancing… Local or online company?
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking at moving costs and we ideally like to save some money this way and try and get the conveyancing as cheap as possible.

would you go to a local firm or use someone online??

Any recommendations?

Straightliner

We used online and I was quite impressed with them, however, it’s always useful to be able to see them in person if there are problems. My one comment would be that a conveyancing only solicitor isn’t going to get distracted by more interesting/varied/better paid work which other solicitors might.

lodious
    Free Member

Don’t use a cheap online place…they show a low headline price to start with, then drill you for everything else needed to complete. I recently used a local solicitor (recommended by a friend) and she was hopeless. I’m now using BHW in Leicester….they are brilliant. Quick, responsive and include very readable explanations to clarify issues, so you don’t need much interaction with them. It’s not uncommon to have to pop in to see them a couple of times, so local is better IMHO.

You really won’t be glad saving money by using a poor online place…google it, once you start they have you by the balls.

So I’d choose somewhere local, but somewhere good 🙂

renton
    Free Member

MY problem is that Im living in scotland and the house IM selling plus the one we are buying is in Worcester so about 480 miles away!!

northernmatt

We used a local company when we moved but to be honest the amount of contact we had with them it may as well have been online. Everything was either done over the phone, email or post.

matt_outandabout

We just used two – one local (paid by mortgage deal) one online, but also localish.

Online, much cheaper company was far better, quick to respond and got it all covered when solicitor had hols the day we completed – a colleague was briefed and lined up ready. Conveyincing direct.

johndoh
    Free Member

Simplyconveyancing.co.uk

Simply bloody awful.

Almost had us without a home for the night and removals men threatening to impound our stuff.

Lies, lies and lies.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Local to your property. They will have a much better knowledge of local title etc. I would have been stuffed on a sale if it wasn’t for a local sol who was able to fill gaps in title

scottyjohn
    Free Member

And read the terms of the contract with them. I used a solicitor in Glasgow recently stating a price of £599 plus £150 ish for extras. To**er hit me with a bill for £1360, and when I called him to ask WTF, he said all the costs were outlined in the contract, which iv hadn’t really read as I’d gone for the “fixed price” lie

samuri
    Free Member

What do you need conveyancing? A plane?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conveyancing… Local or online company?’ is closed to new replies.