Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Converting XX1 Crank to Boost Question Help!!
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

Can anyone pleased shed some light on using my existing XX1 gxp 168 crank on a new Boost frame I’m going to build, I see a SRAM X Sync ring available on crc with 6mm of set also a Raceface one too.

Does fitting one of these rings correct the chain line for boost frames? any help appreciated.

Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

There is a chart on the SRAM website of which offset you need. Mine is 3mm for boost but that is a BB30 chainset. I think you might need a 0 offset for gxp.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

AFAIK the Boost part is a 3mm change in chain line at the spider on the crank, not the chainring. I know crank sets are Boost specific so I’m assuming you’ll need a new one….

wiggles
    Free Member

Shimano cranksets are boost specific. SRAM ones aren’t as the offset comes from the chainring offset.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

So would removing the original spider & ring then put a direct mount ring on bring the chain line out 3mm ? I see there is a 0 off set & 6mm off set direct mount ring available on crc, I just want to be able to keep my crank for the new build.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I know crank sets are Boost specific so I’m assuming you’ll need a new one….

Only if they don’t have a removable spider (Higher end Sram,RF Cinch,Middleburn,E13,Hope,Cannondale Si etc).
    Yes, the 6mm offset they quote on CRC is the Boost compatible one (I assume they have just confused the 6mm between 142 and 148 boost with the actual 3mm chainline offset it achieves).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Converting XX1 Crank to Boost Question Help!!’ is closed to new replies.