Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Converting to drops and skinny tyres.
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Bored and have a spare 29er in part built state. Was thinking of turning it into a sort of cross bike / gryphon type thing. First question. I suppose im going to need a short and steep stem to bring the hoods into reach and next, are cable disk brakes the only disk brake option provided I run it ss and lastly am I correct in assuming cx tyres fit straight on to 29er rims. That is all. Off to buy a dress now.

Woody
    Free Member

Yes, yes and yes.

Pic of new dress please when available to…………..

MrTall
    Free Member

Some hydraulic drop bar discs may come along soon now that discs have been allowed for cyclocross races by the UCI.

I may be building up a Fargo in a similar guise if my LBS can get hold of one for me. Again, boredom and lots of spare bits knocking around…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    julianwilson
    Free Member

you either need specific brake levers or cable disc callipers as cable pull ratio is different for road and mtb brakes.

If you're after using combined shifter/brake levers then you'll be wanting road callpiers. If you aregoing singlespeed and already have cable brakes then new levers will most likely be cheaper.

Andy

On one have stems silly cheap at the moment: £12.50 HERE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Converting to drops and skinny tyres.’ is closed to new replies.