• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Converting shimano 15mm front wheel to QR
  • coblck
    Free Member

Hi has anyone converted a shimano 15mm front wheel to qr, have a chance of a set of mt66 but front is 15mm and my bike needs old school QR, is it possible to do so. Many thanks for any help or advice

Baznav
    Free Member

Not Possible.

coblck
    Free Member

Think ive just answered my own question found THIS somebody in the reviews has converted a shimano hub… worth a try you think ????

matthew_h
    Free Member

That’ll work fine. It’s the same principal as the adapter that SP send with their 15mm Dynamo hubs so that they can be used in a QR fork. Works a treat

amack23
    Free Member

i can confirm it works no problem. Have that very adapter, works perfect on a shimano mt35 15mm front hub. £13.50 if your a member of british cycling.

coblck
    Free Member

super thanks again widens my choices a little how do you find the mt35 amack23

amack23
    Free Member

Bit early to tell, only have them just over a week. Have them set up with rigid forks at the minute and covered a few commute miles so not really tested to be fair. Thought they were good value, picked them up for £70 at planet x

coblck
    Free Member

Great will be using them on ma spare bike which has rigid forks as well good training bike save a little wear and tear on ma main bike.

Dickyboy

Been using one of those adaptors for a couple of years now, they are a good tight fit so worth knocking out & oiling every now & then, unless you want permanent QR 😉

therevokid
    Free Member

been using some mavic 15mm to qr adapters in my mt55’s … absolutely
    no problems at all.
    need to make sure you get the very thin ones though !!

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/mavic-15-9mm-axle-reducer.html?gclid=CILugbjNrMUCFfMZtAodTU0Ang

core

I’ve looked at the nukeproof, and am going to get one, loads of reviews on it, in all sorts of hubs, no bad ones, and seems too fit most 15mm hubs.

core

So, I’ve now got a nukeproof adapter (just in case), and it fits my hope pro 2 hub nicely.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Converting shimano 15mm front wheel to QR’ is closed to new replies.