Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Converting PDF into smaller file sizes
  • Mounty_73

I have a PDF around 3meg but I need to make it smaller.

Whats the easiest way to make a PDF smaller in file size please?

sharkbait
    Free Member

What sort of document is it? File sizes grow massively when there’s colour involved.

Cougar

http://www.pdfescape.com/ perhaps?

3Mb isn’t all that big. What’s the issue? If you need it smaller for emailing, say, you could try zipping it.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Easiest (but not the cheapest) = Adobe Acrobat Pro > Reduce file size

maxlite
    Free Member

If its single pages you could always import into Photoshop and save as jpg

AlexSimon

Acrobat Pro
    If it’s not confidential, email it to me and I’ll reduce it to whatever you want (as long as it’s got photos in it that can be compressed).

thingswelike1 with the gmail bit on the end.

Add a quick note about it’s end purpose (for viewing online or for printing, etc).

Mounty_73

Its a 10 page brochure, but with the same 2 images on each page.

I just wanted to keep the file size to a minimum as it will go out to quite a few email address’s.

I could zip, but I want to keep it as a pdf.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why don’t you make it available online (dropbox, your web site, etc) and just link to it in the email?
    faster and probably better as you’re not forcing people to download the brochure with the email – especially if the email might be read on a mobile device.

AlexSimon

In Acrobat Pro, you’ve got control over DPI and also JPG compression level.
    For online viewing, I tend to use 150dpi and ‘high quality’. If the original was 300dpi and ‘maximum’ it can make a massive difference.

Anyway – the offer’s there if you want to email me it.

Cougar

I just wanted to keep the file size to a minimum as it will go out to quite a few email address’s.

If it’s a marketing mailshot, I’ll wager next month’s will go out to a lot fewer.

I’d go with what Sharkbait said, TBH.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bear in mind that compression doesn’t come for free – the more you compress it the lower the quality of the images and text. Do you really want this for something that is promoting a business/service/event?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Converting PDF into smaller file sizes’ is closed to new replies.