Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Converting old Kona frame to 700c
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

been unable to find any forks suitable for a late 90s steel kona frame ( 410-440 A-C )

Any suggestions? Or pics of your converted 26″mtbs

schmiken

Carboncycles.cc?

ampthill

I assume you mean suspension forks? Exotic will do a rigid fork

About 5 years ago I bought a pair of use marzocchi Z2s. It took alot of ebay patience as I needed a long steerer. I think Windwave can still service them and they are great as far as I’m concerned

You might find asking people on here to a garage search is worth while

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Thinking more rigid steel, something like a cromoto or older project2 non threaded though. Been watching classifieds here and eBay with no luck

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Gotta be project 2’s surely! They do come up on eBay or retrobike- I got some 1 1/8″ non threaded a-c 440 recently. Depending on how late 90’s you probably want a-c of 420 minimum unless your going for cycle courier quick handling! Most late 90’s steel konas (explosif I presume?) were designed for 80mm forks a-c 440mm although I ran some modern rebas with a longer a-c on a 1997 king kahuna – wider bars and shorter stem cancelled out the slackening of head angle.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve had 700 in normal 26 Project 2 forks.

I don’t think there is much about these days to perfectly suit a presuspension frame but I’ve seen people run 100mm suspension forks in old kona frames so anything a touch longer than it was designed for should be OK.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Converting old Kona frame to 700c’ is closed to new replies.