Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Converting my XTR m960 3×9 to 2×10
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

Hi,
    Wondering if it’s possible to convert my M960 cranks from 3×9 to 2×10 or is it easier just to buy some new cranks

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Yes it’s possible but very limited options, only one I could find. The only outer bash available due to the chainring bolt circle diameter seems to be the Blackspire Ring God X. They are like hens teeth to find but Tredz seem to sell them, other than that eBay is the best bet.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Blackspire-Ring-God-X-Aluminium-Bashguard_11941.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CMC12PiXoLsCFeTLtAodWWwA5g

You’ll also need a chain guide. Blackspire stinger works quite well but is a bit fiddley to set up initially.

That’s what I run for 2×9 anyway and it seems to work just fine. I would think 2×10 wouldn’t be any different.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d buy new cranks, very few rings are available for the 102mm BCD.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I’d kind of agree with that, 50 quid for the bash ring if you can find one in stock, may as well just spend the extra for a brand new SLX inc bash for 85 from CRC.

Nonsense
    Free Member

All the kidz are getting fresh with 1×10 or 1×11 or something. Could do that easily enough with a new RaceFace chainring, new shifter and mech.

njee20
    Free Member

Depends on the ratios as well though, the OP may not want a bash, but if you want to run anything other than 22/32 you’re pretty well stuck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Converting my XTR m960 3×9 to 2×10’ is closed to new replies.