Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Converting garage to LED lighting
  • spxxky

Anyone converted their garage to LED lighting?

I currently have a flourescent light in there but need someting brighter and LED

What did you use?

Thanks

johndoh
    Free Member

A Freecycled 4 way spot with some spare (wrong colour temperature for the desired purpose in the house) GU10 lights.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    spxxky

Great replies, thanks everyone

So the LED tubes just go in place of the flo tube?

My ‘holder’ is pretty grotty/rusty so may go for a couple of the units if I can stretch to £70

njee20
    Free Member

I put 10 downlights in, then fitted 5w LED bulbs, they’re excellent. I bought cheap ones from China (via Amazon) first time, and they’re crap, very cold and a poor output. Ended up buying Lumilife (IIRC) which were highly regarded. <£3 each IIRC, so not utterly insane. Very good indeed. I still have a halogen ‘3 way’ spot in the middle of the room (as I thought I may as well use the wire that was there), and it’s totally crap, adds nothing to the LEDs.

Tracey

We have some of these in warm fitted at work and they are very good

http://www.lamps2udirect.com/led-light-bulbs/deltech-series-2000-60-watt-6ft-led-batten-fitting-cool-white/143315

Going to swap the fluorescent lights in the garage for these, we also have two 20w LED flood lights mounted just above head height that can be swivelled when needed for extra light for the fiddly jobs.

phiiiiil

Second those screwfix LED tubes… I put two in our garage, they do the trick nicely and are pretty cheap. Plus being plastic you can accidentally whack them with a ladder to no ill effect at all…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Converting garage to LED lighting’ is closed to new replies.