Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Converting from 1×9 to 1 x 10 on the cheap…
  • PrinceJohn

I’ve been contemplating going 1 x 10 on my winter hardtail & have had a look around on CRC & Merlin & it seems it’s going to cost just under £100 for a new chain, cassette, shifter & rear mech.

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper to do this?

daveagiles
    Free Member

If you have Sram shifter you could do the 9spd bodge with a shimano mech in the mean time?

P20

You can get some good condition shifters and mechs 2nd hand, that’s what’s on my hardtail. I think I paid about £40-45 for xt mech (not plus) and shifter. New chain and cassette obviously.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nwill1
    Free Member

Shameless plug but I’m about to post an XT rear clutch mech on PB for £45, if you want first refusal email me on nwill1 at ymail dot com for pics. VGC off a 2012 Orange Five, I changed to a Zee mech just because I wanted short cage!

mudsoul
    Free Member

If you you don’t care too much for having ‘bling’ parts, you can do it for much less if you buy good condition used parts from the classifieds. That’s what I did on one of my bikes and it’s been running great. I think I spent about £60 including a BB mounted top guide and nice used XT parts.

chakaping
    Free Member

Another shamless plug – I’ve got a 10 speed SRAM x9 shifter and mech (not clutch) I need to sell, probably a cassette too.

They’ve got red bits on.

Email in profile if of interest. Not looking for big bucks.

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Converting from 1×9 to 1 x 10 on the cheap…’ is closed to new replies.