Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Converting a 2010 Reba Team from Pushloc to crown mounted dial
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve read the guides re. removing/unhooking the spring. Which is fine.

However i’ve just read a post which suggests the Blackbox model requires you to disassemble the MOCO unit which is rivetted together.

Anyone have experience of this?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Anyone?

LoCo
    Free Member

The RLT Ti mocos come apart the same as the other older mocos, don’t remove the rivets, you may need some clamps to hold the main body which unscrewing the top cap (l/H thread 😉 )

ninenailspete
    Free Member

I did this to change over from Poploc without LoCo’s sage advice/spotting the reverse thread, and it was really simple to drill out the rivets and replace them – as long as you’ve got some tiny little rivets to replace them with. Some really useful info (and pictures) here:

MTBR converting Blackbox remote compression damper to crown mounted knob

mboy
    Free Member

Very useful that link!

Off to Machine Mart in a bit to look for a small pop rivet gun to see if I can do the same to mine to make it non remote…

LoCo
    Free Member

The rivets DO NOT need removing, just undo the top cap 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Oh right sorry LoCo, its a LH thread! Gotcha.

So just need a thread clamp and a vice?

LoCo
    Free Member

No problems, someone broke their moco following the MTBR guide and ‘had’ to buy an RCT3 moco off me a few months ago.

Shaft clamps for the main body maybe needed if the top cap is quite tight, 50% of the time gripping it in you hand with a rag round it works, the Ti body is especially sharp and likely to pulp you hand if you don’t use a rag 😯 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Converting a 2010 Reba Team from Pushloc to crown mounted dial’ is closed to new replies.